• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

ANOTHER Domain Appraisal Scam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raider

New Member
Legacy Gold Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2006
Messages
4,265
Reaction score
201
I get an email from a guy named Klaus Neumann, asking for a price and to include your other names, I reply back with just the price, he replies back asking me to provide an appraisal and to visit this link:

http://**********.ourplace.com/Archive/284961.htm

DNF blocks out the domain with asterisks because its another forum, this guy knows this that's why he chose a forum to post his cr*p to.

To work around this: replace the asterisks with the first word "domain" then replace the remaining asterisks with "talk"

YOU GOT TO VISIT THIS PAGE, not only are the members bogus, but it gives you a false impression that Rick Shwartz and Howard Neu are endorsing securenamesale.com for appraisals, which is nonsense.

Below is the entire email:

----------------------------------------------------------

X,000 USD. Ok.

Do you sell the name only without web site? I'm interested in the name so web site is not so important.

Do you have an appraisal certificate for your domain name?

Domain name is an investment for me. In other words I'm going to sell your name later and make a profit. If I overpay I won't be able to make a profit in the future. It's very important for you and me to know the current market value of your domain.

Of course, we must be sure that you are engaging a reputable appraisal company. I heard many appraisal companies often made inaccurate appraisals. I will only accept appraisals from independent sources I trust. I heard some appraisal companies often made inaccurate appraisals. To avoid mistakes I asked domain experts about reputable appraisal companies in a forum
http://**********.ourplace.com/Archive/284961.htm

Just check this posting.

If the appraisal comes higher you can adjust your asking price accordingly. I also hope you can give me 10% - 15% discount of the appraised value.

After I get an appraisal from you we'll continue our negotiations.

How do you prefer to get paid: www.escrow.com, www.PayPal.com check or wire?

Hope we can come to an agreement fast.

Looking forward to your reply.
 
LOL...
First time I ever got one of thoes... wow I was so happy.
They are fun to read, but after a few, they really do get annoying!
 
LOL...
First time I ever got one of thoes... wow I was so happy.
They are fun to read, but after a few, they really do get annoying!

Yeah, your feeling good when you get "I want to buy your domain right now, how much?"

The low comes when they reply with "I only buy names with appraisals from xyz appraising"

Low lifes!
 
Hey read this:

They offer them cheap appraisal services. But if their customers would have something in their heads they'd understand experts could not make a professional research for $15-$20. These appraisals are made by machines. Easy money for such appraisers as http://www.Afternic.com and several other major brokers that offer cheap auto-generated appraisals. In my eyes, all services under $50-$55 are not manual and the results are generated by special scripts. I don't trust auto-generated appraisals.

Now read this:

Pricing (US dollars)
Quantity Price per domain
1 domain $ 69
2 - 5 domains $ 40
6 - 15 domains $ 30
16 - 30 domains $ 20
31 + domains $ 10

Based on the first statement, their appraisals are worthless, since 31+ goes for $10.

Why don't you write them a complaint?
 
I just got a message from the same person, well, somone who claims they want to buy a domain I have but require it be appraised first - with that exact same URL. Fishy!
 
I got something similar the other day, perhaps it was the same thing, didn't even bother finish reading it because I was not at all interested in selling the domain name in question.

Wow...I guess I canned the scammers.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom