• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

another randomly locked thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 5660
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 5660

Guest
Another day, another randomly locked thread. I have been on this board over 8 years and I still cannot figure out why my threads get locked. I used to make a lot of money on here before all these rules. It appears to me most of the rules are the result of perpetual complainers who don't really do that much business on here, they just seem to get upset because someone posted something on a bulletin board somewhere.

As for locking, I cannot figure out the purpose (along with the rule that threads won't be deleted). The only explanation I can come up with is that the board owner wants to keep as many threads as possible for more ad revenue. The effect of locking is to forever associate a price with a domain for the puspose of annoying the poster. The result is the locking may affect domain sales down the line, even if the domain belongs to someone else so it is really a nasty practice with little or no purpose.
 
Upvote 0
by any chance ,are you referring to wi-fi-radio(s).com thread for sale.. ?
 
Yes, that is the one that happened today. I have no idea why it was locked.
 
So you had 8 years time to read all 20 pages of every subforum :-P
If you have not found any rule why your thread was locked you should suggest one rule for that ;-)
 
can you see the red font highlighted in my earlier post... domain has to be mentioned clearly.. if there were 2 domains ..
it should have been mentioned seperately.. should be clear to the user what theyare bidding at..

this might be ok in other forums ... but DNF rules mention it..

hope it is clarified now :)

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

also, i am just a regular reader, user ... and is suggesting on basis of my understanding..
 
I re-edited the title and opened the thread.

... and No, I do not want things like this closed.

For me, more threads and more chatter is better for the board than a bunch of closed threads.

-=DCG=-
 
I re-edited the title and opened the thread.

... and No, I do not want things like this closed.

For me, more threads and more chatter is better for the board than a bunch of closed threads.

-=DCG=-

:photo: :lock1:

DC,
:amen:

KF,
:cheers:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom