Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed AnticAntiques.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Frenchie

Hello ! What do you think about AnticAntiques.com ?

That is a name which could suit strange or special antiquities (which is the case of plenty of Antique shops).

Thanks for a valuation.

Frenchie

Domain summit 2024

morel

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I like AnticAntiques. It's an appealing, interesting name, and makes very good use of alliteration.

Unfortunately, since it's a potential brand name and not a generic name, you will have a difficult time selling it.

F

Frenchie

Thanks, dmorel.

You are probably right... Meanwhile, the French vermouth "Dubonnet" made the best French publicity ever (up to now) with "Dubo, Dubon, Dubonnet";

Of course, you probably cannot anymore create the brand "Antiques".

But if somebody wants to brevetize the brand "Anticantiques", I suppose he would be interested by my .com name?

As a portal, Antiques is associated with strange and mystery, since the 16th century in Italy (il quattrocento), with the "cabinets de curiosités", because at these times, Antiques and curious were in a way synonymous...

Thus, Anticantiques portal could cover let's say from 25 up to 50% of Antiques... Thats not too bad, isnt it ?

Frenchie

windyreddy

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Frenchie. I have FrenchAntiqueFurniture.com.

Interested ?

regards,

Arvind

F

Frenchie

I would say no, because as a Belgian, and wishing to develop an Antiques domain, i would firts develop around Belgium, which means develop my "BelGiAntiques.com", which is the concatenation of Belgian, Giant and Antiques...

If I was pure French from France, it could have been different...

Bye...

morel

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Belgiantiques!

Wow, that's really clever :) !

By the way, what does "Dubo, Dubon, Dubonnet" mean in English?

F

Frenchie

Dubo Dubon Dubonnet is about like :

"Go Good Goodyear"

(wow is'nt this fantastic, to sell to Goodyear ? at least, if they find it here, they could offer me a full tyre set (for my 4x4, of course)...

...except that Dubonnet is a brand of a French vermouth (like Martini or Campari); but indeed, "Dubon" is "A good"

I am very sorry, but I cannot avoid to continuously create new pubs, slogans, even unwillingly ...

Bye,
Serge

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators