• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

For Sale Any Canadian English majors here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

onlinestoreca

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Oct 21, 2007
Messages
278
Reaction score
3
I own practise.ca and I can't figure out it's value.

In the U.S. they use just practice, but in Canada we use practice as a noun (ie. law practice), and practise as a verb (ie. practise law), or do we?

Because of the discrepancy, it's very hard to know if there is much value to the name.
 
Not too much. Most folks in Canada see U.S. based spelling, incorrect as it is, and that is making your domain more or less a typo for "practice.ca" than anything else.
 
I have seen the distinction in the US as well but not too often so I have to agree your name looks like a typo... ironically.
 
In this case I don't think that it really matters which is right spelling or wrong.

Google results for practise 14,300,000 compared to 448,000,000 for practice suggests that practise is rarely (relatively) used.

Wordtracker indicates few searches for practise and thousands monthly for practice.
 
I compared the results in a Google search also, but then I realized that the comparison 14 Million vs 448 Million probably wasn't really useful for Canada. It would be like comparing colour vs color, 235 Million vs 1,170 Million, but I believe that in Canada colour.ca would be a better name to have.

I do have to agree that practise.ca will not be worth very much. I was hoping that us Canadians might use the verb properly, damn yankees.

I appreciate everyone's comments.
 
If you make an adsence site, most of your traffic will be from US anyways so it would still be just as good. My 2 cents.
 
I do have to agree that practise.ca will not be worth very much. I was hoping that us Canadians might use the verb properly, damn yankees.

That we Canadians might use pronouns properly, also!:smilewinkgrin:
 
I didn't mean in any way to suggest that I was an English Major, far from it. I was just hoping everyone else in Canada might have a degree in English, so practise.ca would be worth something. That's not asking too much is it? ;)

Thanks for the grammatical correction. I will hitherto therewith be checking my grammatics. :blush:
 
I do see usage of "practise" from Canada sources when I checked Google News at http://news.google.com/nwshp?hl=en&tab=wn&q=practise . That include in headlines of articles so if the Canadian media uses the spelling then I say the name isn't a typo. .....and has value.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom