• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Any good Email solutions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

duskdawn

DN.CC
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2005
Messages
610
Reaction score
1
Hi,
I was wondering since we all use our domains for email addresses, well, at least for business use, what email hosts do you use?
I know most web hosts provide free pop3 accounts. But frankly speaking I prefer IMAP and a decent webmail interface since I cannot access outlook on my home computer during the day and any trip.
I found runbox the best so far but $50/yr is a little bit too pricey.
Any experiences? Or care to let me know how you manage your emails from personal to domain business?
Thanks.:wubpink:
 
I host all of my own email. When out of town I check it via the webmail interface on my server. :-)
 
007 said:
I host all of my own email. When out of town I check it via the webmail interface on my server. :-)
It is always cool to have your own server. :pray:
 
duskdawn even if u have pop , u can access email from webinterface .

sites like mail2web.com allow u to check email from any pop3 server.

Also if u have the name at enom, u should look for email solution from enom , it cost $9.95 a year with 20 MB X 10 emails .
 
scorpio said:
duskdawn even if u have pop , u can access email from webinterface .

sites like mail2web.com allow u to check email from any pop3 server.

Also if u have the name at enom, u should look for email solution from enom , it cost $9.95 a year with 20 MB X 10 emails .
Yes, I know, but I try to find some IMAP mail host solutions, since I need to backup not only the inbox but the outbox, drafts etc on my home computer.
 
Forward your domain email addresses to a web based email provider such as gmail, thats what I do. You can then set it up to act as though you are sending emails from that same email address.
 
I have my own server but I block smtp and pop ports there (tcpdump -n | grep :smtp shows about 10-20 connections per every SECOND on SMTP port).

I use pair.com - very reliable, imap and webmail, advanced filters etc.
 
dcristo said:
Forward your domain email addresses to a web based email provider such as gmail, thats what I do. You can then set it up to act as though you are sending emails from that same email address.

Forwading my email address to gmail and Mail2web.com works perfectly fine for me.
 
I use GMAIL for domains.. :) still in beta but you can sign up and hopefully get an invite within a week or two
 
maroulis said:
I use GMAIL for domains.. :) still in beta but you can sign up and hopefully get an invite within a week or two

But can you do that for personal mail? I thought you have to have a large number of people using the domain for email, such as a corporation or good sized company?
 
007 said:
But can you do that for personal mail? I thought you have to have a large number of people using the domain for email, such as a corporation or good sized company?

Yes you can, I have Gmail for 2 of my domains (18.org / fourviewsvegas.com) I just filled in application form, put down 5 users I think and got the invite 1 week or so later...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom