• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Anybody here going Pro, as in dot Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

NexSite

DNF Regular
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
May 27, 2002
Messages
639
Reaction score
1
I noticed enCirca slashed the fee, lightened up on the rules and you can get .pro now, @ $49 per annum until Mar 31st. I think the subsequent $99 yearly fee thereafter is a deal killer but I was poking around and there are plenty of single words, high value keywords available. And I think I saw some evidence of a frenzy as a few names I checked were gone just hours later. Is it worth the gamble at those prices?
 
A lot of .sc are also avaliable at 50$.....

Does any one thing .pro will have any value in future.
 
NexSite said:
Is it worth the gamble at those prices?

It would certainly be a gamble I think and at $99 a year until and if they become sought after it could be an expensive gamble.
 
I have a list of just under 100 prime, available .pro keywords which are (last check) available. I have regged one and am contemplating more. It's hard to resist the lure of the strong names, especially if there is even a chance for .pro to take off. We should know if there is any acceptance within 1 year. If so, the $100 renewal fee will seem worth it.
 
Well, 1 year has come and gone and basically nothing has happened with .pro ...

Going to let most, if not all, of my 7 .pro domains drop unless the renewal price comes way down to like $25 before they expire in about two weeks ... $99 per year renewal price is way excessive, even for only 7 domains.

Sometimes gambles pay off, sometimes they don't ... this one didn't ... I only lost about $350 so no biggie, but wondering how others did with .pro?

Ron
 
I think .pro is still a gamble, and more so with high reg fees. If there are strong words available and that suit the 'professional' angle (e.g.: golf.pro, poker.pro, etc), then regging a few can never hurt. I saw a few .pro sell not too long ago for upper xxx or around $1,000. One of them was Macau.pro I believe. The right word or term in .pro could be worth something to a professional person or outfit.
 
I agree. I wouldn't bet on the .pro extension. I think almost every other GTLD extension has more reputability than it.
 
The $49 discount is only for third level domains.
I regged domainers.pro one yr ago just for fun. And I am considering renew it if it cannot be sold above the reg fee.

Promotion on Profession-specific domains!
$49/year through March 31, 2006. Applies to Third-level renewals too

There are two levels of .Pro addresses:

# Generic: Second level domains such as example.pro. Available to all self-certified professionals. Cost is $99/year. Secure yours immediately here.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom