• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Anybody know of some online web degrees?

Status
Not open for further replies.

twells22

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2006
Messages
209
Reaction score
0
I'm looking for some schools that offer online web degrees. If you know of any legit ones let me know.
 
What do you want to study?

BSD? B.S. in Domainology? All the teachers are online here 24/7 Free.

http://www.online-education.net/
:pound: Very cool.

There are many legit ones. Unfortunately, all of them, legit or not, will legitamately take your money and bill your credit card.

Suggest you go to US News and World Report web site. They did a feature on this not too long ago.

Not sure how old this link is but I had bookmarked it for someone else wanting to take college courses while still in high school (a prodigy...graduated at age 16...will most likely have her doctorate's by 22 to 24 I would imagine):

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/edu/elearning/elhome.htm

I was surprised I still had this link as it is a couple or three years old. It appears to still work and looks like it has been kept current and updated.
 
Thanks guys, I basicly just want to study web design but no colleges close to me offer anything.
 
May be you want to give us some details as what do you want to do. There are other options depending on what do you want.

An online degree may not work better than a local community college degree.
 
May be you want to give us some details as what do you want to do. There are other options depending on what do you want.

An online degree may not work better than a local community college degree.
I agree with this statement 100%!! By far cheaper also!
 
Do I need to charge for my FREE advice since I am not using it?

It's a confusing statement so please read it at least 3 times!
 
I may take some classes at a comm. college but it will be hard since i attend a private college and I'm majoring in Sport Managment which has nothing to do with web design. I also play football here so I have very little time. The comm. school near me doesn't offer web design during the summer either which would be perfect if they did.
 
There are so many online forums which you can lean at your own space. You don't need to go to school for web design if there is not one near you.
Take the time. Depending on your current level. Start with basic HTML, Java, ASP and PHP.
Grab a Adobe Photoshop book and you should be all set.
 
Thanks Johnn, I will probably end up having to do that.
 
Plus most software and some books and forums will teach you. Many great tutorials out there. And right here on this forum!

I wanted to redesign my web site, asked for advice, got it, learned Joomla and redid my site in less than 3 weeks. Takes some dedication. But fortunately there are some very helpful people on this web willing to offer advice.

Even my man Johnny Depp had some great advice...Johnn...do the community college route if you need hands on instruction. You won't get that online.
 
ah, yes, the 6 year plan...:cheers:

quarter bounce champion many times over.

Hint: don't play it with Boiler Makers (the drink...perhaps not with the football team also)
 
Nope its pong...go to bpong.com, yes there is an official web site.
 
Nope its pong...go to bpong.com, yes there is an official web site.
Oh HELL. Honey, I gotta go back to school...Yeah, I need another degree or two...he he he.

Remind me to tell you about BeerBall. See, you can not get that fellowship with an on-line school?
 
Now I get the reason why he is looking for online school.
You can drink and study at the same time with online school - Can't do that with local colleges!!!

Great idea!
 
Now I get the reason why he is looking for online school.
You can drink and study at the same time with online school - Can't do that with local colleges!!!

Great idea!
Wow, you guys are coming up with some great alternatives to traditional education. So this is what "home schooled" is all about?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom