• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Anyone build sites for the related write offs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmac17

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2003
Messages
320
Reaction score
0
Lets say you go on vacation to Cancun every year - have you built a site about Cancun so you can write it off?

I have a (legit, revenue making) baseball site that lets me write off my 2 or 3 baseball games each year and I was curious as to what everyone else does.

I'd imagine there are a lot of people throw up a site, call it a business and write it off.....
 
It's one thing to write off expenses related to managing sites, getting content, and meeting with people about the site. But I wouldn't touch the other stuff.

For example, are your trips to the baseball games directly related to your site? If not, I wouldn't write it off. Your trips to Cancun--they must be mainly for the purpose of the business/web site if you want to write them off.
 
Yes, they are directly related to my site.
 
gmac17 said:
Yes, they are directly related to my site.

The other thing to keep in mind is that you can only write off 50% of food and entertainment expenses.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom