• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Anyone heard of wireless video games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam DickerAdam Dicker is verified member.

Level 12
Domain Broker
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2003
Messages
15,041
Reaction score
1,192
What I mean is how do people have plasmas and wires hanging down to xbox consoles, looks dumb.

I know you are thinking you shouldn't have a plama for video games, I don't.

But most tv's are going plasma style so their better be a wiresless solution soon.

-=DCG=-
 
you can use a video sender device. That can tuck up behind the plasma, or better yet behind the LCD unit.

Or you have one main AV controller that is connected to the Screen, via HDMI.

Then all your devices connect to the AV Controller located anywhere in your home. I have my AV unit connection hidden behind the wall and a full AV rack in my Spare Room that connects the Whole house via DLINK wireless Media Centres to Distribute Radio and Video.

I have about 12 AV devices which include a playstation and xbox connected to my AV Unit, and I use wireless controllers (xbox) so its 100% no wires.
 
I think most likely, due to the high amount of data feeding to the screen you would wire the console to the AV receiver. Then only one wire goes between the AV to the TV. The game console would be wired in a cabinet to the AV receiver. There are already wireless controllers for the handheld part.

I don't have a plasma, but I do have a Nintendo wired this way for my kids, and the console remains in the AV cabinet. Our controllers are IR, so the door does have to be opened for play, but no wires need to extend out. With a wi-fi or UHF based handheld, the cabinet wouldn't even need to be opened except to turn on/off and change game disks.

Most video senders are analog, so they would negate the value of the higher definition screen and digital signal.
 
adoptabledomains said:
I think most likely, due to the high amount of data feeding to the screen you would wire the console to the AV receiver. Then only one wire goes between the AV to the TV. The game console would be wired in a cabinet to the AV receiver. There are already wireless controllers for the handheld part.

Yup thats what I said, and it works very well.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom