• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Anyone know about "The Rich Jerk"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuniperPark

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2003
Messages
2,909
Reaction score
91
I recently met someone all excited about getting into the domain business after going to a seminar by "The Rich Jerk". He has a web site by this name (.com). He claims to be making millions on Adsense, get 30% CTR, sells his sites for millions, and sells an eBook for $97 on how you can do it too. He supposedly lives in San Diego, as I do, which makes it even more odd that I've never heard of him.

The only other major domainers I know in San Diego are Gary Kremen (Match.com founder, sex.com owner), and the .WS registry founder and staff.

My friend wants to know if this guy is legit. A few things that seem odd:

- People with high traffic names dont use Adsense, they have private deals
- the scans of 'proof' statements don't show CTR
- His domain name is only a few months old
- The ad copy is nausating 'get rich quick' style

So... anyone know anything about these guys?

Thanks!


This
 
I stumbled across his page through milliondollarhomepage.com "I'm rich, your not".

It's pretty funny how cocky he is..

http://therichjerk.com

But anyways, I haven't heard anything about them.
 
If he was accomplishing this , then he would be to busy to put on seminars wouldn't he?
 
Reviews I have read say it is a second rate ebook, with first rate marketing.
 
Nice find. He speaks like it is in the article IT provided.
 
This line reminds me of a few people.... rofl.. and I do not mean me.

"Lets get something straight. I am a jerk. I am obnoxious. I am lazy. And I don’t care, because I am FILTHY RICH."

-=DCG=-
 
You would have to be AnIdiot.com to think that if he was making all this cash he would sell his goldmine for $49. But then again theres alot of not so bright people in the world who will buy into it.
 
Juniper, please send me the book (ebook) after you finish reading it.

I can't wait to learn the "real" secrets of the domain business.

I can't afford to spend $ 99., now $ 49.
 
NameMogul.com said:
You would have to be AnIdiot.com to think that if he was making all this cash he would sell his goldmine for $49. But then again theres alot of not so bright people in the world who will buy into it.

Don't you get it? Selling the book IS his way to get rich. That's why he sells it and doesn't just give it away. He's not SELLING his goldmine, he's BUILDING his goldmine by SELLING the book.

It's like those ads that used to run in the newspaper classified ads: "Want to learn how to make $1000 in five-dollar bills? Send $5 and a self-addressed stamped envelope to..."
 
You got to admit he is funny
From the FAQ:

A: .....And you can always contact my staff for personal help. They're not anywhere near as obnoxious as I am (a bunch of sissies if you ask me)

Q: I hate you. You are mean, and obnoxious, and fake, and scammy, and rude, and stupid, and BS, and ugly, and I hate your mom, and you don't really have any money, and you are a liar, and a fraud, and blah blah blah. What do you think about that?
A: Put down the Schlitz, go outside your trailer, and get some fresh air.

Q: You've really got some nerve! You think you're better than me?
A: Yes. I'm a rich, arrogant ass, and I like it that way.

Q: If you don't give me your book for free, I'll tell everyone your book is crap, and I'll say bad things about you to the FTC, the Attorney General, the FBI, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, all the President's men, the Secret Service, the Humane Society, the 4H Club, the Church of Scientology, the FDA, Clickbank, Paypal, and the security guy at Wal-Mart.

A: Have you ever heard of being sued for libel and/or slander? I have a legal team on salary, which means I have to pay them every month whether they work or not. So if you'd like to give them something to do, that's fine. Regardless, I'll be relaxing in some exotic locale, while getting a massage from Helga.
 
I wonder if he got beat up a lot as a kid?

He sure knows how to take "being arrogant" to a higher level.

Gee, I wonder if he is a member here?
 
diverge said:
Don't you get it? Selling the book IS his way to get rich. That's why he sells it and doesn't just give it away. He's not SELLING his goldmine, he's BUILDING his goldmine by SELLING the book.

It's like those ads that used to run in the newspaper classified ads: "Want to learn how to make $1000 in five-dollar bills? Send $5 and a self-addressed stamped envelope to..."
Kinda ironic that you meantion that...

" Right about now, I feel a rant coming on about the “major” marketing gurus (you know, the big name guys) you see all over the internet and TV. The ONLY way these people make any money is by selling their overpriced books and CD's full of mainstream marketing ideas that you can learn from any marketing book in the world. That’s it. These people are CORPORATIONS. They are not trying to help you. They have no “secrets”. It’s the same information over and over again, repackaged differently by new “authors” every year. These guys send you books and binders with over 1,000 pages. They send you DVD's and audio tapes with another 10 hours of material to review. No thanks."
 
Looks like another one of the thousands of scams out there on the Internet. Nothing checks out.
 
The only thing on there that is truthful probably is what he say here about himself.

"Lets get something straight. I am a jerk. I am obnoxious. I am lazy."

-=DCG=-
 
"Lets get something straight. I am a jerk. I am obnoxious. I am lazy." <--------------but he's rich, so it's OK!

He is doing something right. He's marketing his site in a way that does stick out. When people visit his site or hear about this, they tend to remember it, in my opinion. So even if he truly is a jerk, he's a smart one at least.
 
Why didn't I think of this? :) That's one slick website.
 
theparrot said:
Reviews I have read say it is a second rate ebook, with first rate marketing.

Most of the ebooks are lame with lots of hype to sell them..its a usually a get rich quick scheme.
 
He he he, I know a lot of people who took up the offer. :-D

The guy's real name is Kelly Felix. He was hotly talked about in various internet
marketing forums.

One of Kelly's sites is guesswhatiheard.com. But you can read more about him
here and here.

Many people said that what Kelly revealed in his ebook isn't really new except
for "a few things". But it's those "few things" they didn't know and are now
applying to their own online sales campaigns.

I'm not sure, but I think the one who wrote the salecopy for "The Rich Jerk" is
Gary Halbert. You can see what I meanhere.

I haven't purchased the ebook myself. But I've read a lot of people are happy
with it...except for a few, of course.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom