• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

anyone thought about developing such a tool?

Status
Not open for further replies.

duskdawn

DN.CC
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2005
Messages
610
Reaction score
1
Hi, fellow domainers,
I wonder if any of you have thought about developing such a software that can automatically find out those names regged in other extensions but the .com version left available for reg?
That might be a lot helpful for us to reg some traffic names at reg fee.
Is this technically feasible? Thanks for your input.

Happy Thanksgiving to those in the States!
 
Feasible of course. The best way is to analyze the zone files, import the data into a DB and run a query against it.
 
sdsinc said:
Feasible of course. The best way is to analyze the zone files, import the data into a DB and run a query against it.

What's the best way to get the zone files?
 
duskdawn said:
That might be a lot helpful for us to reg some traffic names at reg fee.

Therein lies the problem. I know for one if I had a tool that instanly gave me traffic names I would take out a loan and register them all.

I'm sure anyone else would too. Why wouldn't you. Domains with traffic pay serious money. And it's a no lose situation.

I have a tip for you to do this yourself, with a free tool. Pm me for more info.
I won't list it here as it has worked great so far and if a million people did this then there wouldn't be any domains.
 
Sarcle said:
I'm sure anyone else would too. Why wouldn't you. Domains with traffic pay serious money. And it's a no lose situation.


Wouldn't that be nice :cheesy:
 
Shaggy said:
Wouldn't that be nice :cheesy:

lol yeah...:cheesy:

Guy with the software: "Here's all the traffic names for no work. Now don't go abusing this. Leave some for everyone."

Next..I'm sitting at home getting fat watching the cash roll in for $150 dollar program. :-D


This is why it wouldn't be feasible to build a program for the masses to do such a thing. If you do it or get a programmer to do it for you I wouldn't sell a single line of code. Or you can just give it to me and I'll put it in a safty deposit box for you.
 
Exody.com has lists of .net/org with no active .com.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom