• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

anyone with sedo escrow experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.

copper

New Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2006
Messages
2,507
Reaction score
30
I paid for domain on "Sep 23, 2006 3:46 PM" at sedo.
I used paypal.

How long before they send message to seller?
Seller said he didn't receive any message from sedo.
My sedo acct said "paid" for this transaction since this morning.

I sent email to rep. at sedo - No reply.
I called and left message - No return call :-(

Is this normal?

Now, I am wondering if rep who is in charge of this transaction may not be in today?
 
make sure you had your reference # in the paypal payment.. email em again and tell them your pp address and the ref # and domain name.. theyll respond or get on the ball eventually.. i had a refund coming and i asked them what day it was sent they told me friday.. thing was postmarked for the week later on thursday..
 
No BS ... ive been stuck sitting on a fence with Sedo for 3 months one time on a domain transfer ....

on several occassions ( if I knew the other party ) i completed without sedo as they are way too slow ... and then in turn let sedo know ?? ...
....... why should they earn a fee for that i ask myself .

yet again ... i had start to finish in a few days ??

keep contacting the rep ... they tend to "forget" lately ...
 
make sure you had your reference # in the paypal payment.. email em again and tell them your pp address and the ref # and domain name.. theyll respond or get on the ball eventually.. i had a refund coming and i asked them what day it was sent they told me friday.. thing was postmarked for the week later on thursday..

Yes.
It was all there on paypal pymt stuff.
reference#
invoice#
domain name
 
one time it took more than a month and the other time it took just two days.
so it depends upon the seller and buyer and also with the cctld or gtlds.
 
one time it took more than a month and the other time it took just two days.
so it depends upon the seller and buyer and also with the cctld or gtlds.
Humm...
This got nothing to do with buyer, I already paid.
Also, nothing to do with seller, I am in constant contact with seller.
Seller said he didn't receive any message from sedo.
Seller want to complete this deal quick.
I am paying almost double the second highest offer.
 
What would happen if I cancel the pymt?
I used credit card, so, I can cancel, yes?

And, do it outside the sedo just to get it going
since I do have contact info. about seller.
 
I am thinking if you do a chargeback you might lose your sedo account, they can be slow at times, but if you email the rep everyday it seems to speed it along, if the domain is at enom then its another 7 days to clear the push.
 
I am thinking if you do a chargeback you might lose your sedo account, they can be slow at times, but if you email the rep everyday it seems to speed it along, if the domain is at enom then its another 7 days to clear the push.
Thanks for your reply.

losing sedo acct?
I wouldn't care if it does since all domains on sedo are not
real revenue domains :-D

However, I would hate to do charge back.
I don't think I'll do charge back.
I was just asking what would happen :-D

Domain is at GoDaddy and I do have acct there, so, it shouldn't be problem with registrar.
 
In my experience, it has nothing to do with the buyer or seller. It has everything to do with Sedo's lack of communication during the transfer process. I'm in the process of a sale now, and can't even get an email response from my transfer agent. Sales typically drag on for weeks that, with minimal communication between buyer and seller, could be completed in hours.
 
In my experience, it has nothing to do with the buyer or seller. It has everything to do with Sedo's lack of communication during the transfer process. I'm in the process of a sale now, and can't even get an email response from my transfer agent. Sales typically drag on for weeks that, with minimal communication between buyer and seller, could be completed in hours.
Did you just say WEEKS!

I will not wait WEEKS!!
That's for sure.

Why would I have to wait WEEKS, even one day when
it's almost instant with escrow.com as long as buyer
and seller do their parts promptly?
 
Yes, I said weeks. I have had one sale complete in 5 days. Another took over a month.

Here are some examples:
6/13/05 agreement. Buyer paid 6/20. Seller paid 7/14.
7/8/05 agreement. Buyer paid 7/12. Seller paid 7/18.
9/21/05 agreement. Buyer paid 10/7. Seller paid 11/14.
1/15/06 agreement. Buyer paid 1/18. Seller paid 2/05.

I acted upon all correspondence and transfer requests immediately. I think a lot depends on the transfer agent assigned to the sale, and his ability and willingness to communicate.

I have no plausible explanation as to why it takes so long, and I have yet to read one posted by Sedo. I've arranged and closed entire sales in 24 hours without a broker using escrow.com, and with a relatively inexperienced buyer.

Best of luck to you!
 
Yes, I said weeks. I have had one sale complete in 5 days. Another took over a month.

Here are some examples:
6/13/05 agreement. Buyer paid 6/20. Seller paid 7/14.
7/8/05 agreement. Buyer paid 7/12. Seller paid 7/18.
9/21/05 agreement. Buyer paid 10/7. Seller paid 11/14.
1/15/06 agreement. Buyer paid 1/18. Seller paid 2/05.

I acted upon all correspondence and transfer requests immediately. I think a lot depends on the transfer agent assigned to the sale, and his ability and willingness to communicate.

I have no plausible explanation as to why it takes so long, and I have yet to read one posted by Sedo. I've arranged and closed entire sales in 24 hours without a broker using escrow.com, and with a relatively inexperienced buyer.

Best of luck to you!

Arrrrr!!!!!
:veryangry :mad2: :greenupset:
 
I am thinking if you do a chargeback you might lose your sedo account, they can be slow at times, but if you email the rep everyday it seems to speed it along, if the domain is at enom then its another 7 days to clear the push.
Why would enom take 7 day more?
 
Another reason not to do business with lame offers under $1,000 for example. When the money involved is low, there is little incentive for Sedo to conclude a transaction. But hey, that didn't stop them from dragging a 5-digit sale for weeks and it eventually became a buyer's disaster.
 
As sedo transfers the domain into their own enom account first ... and in turn into your enom account .... but enom have a 7 day restriction on moving domains between enom accounts.

ie my account ---> sedo account ( Now its locked in that sedo account for 7 days by enom ) ... then after 7 days enom allows Sedo to transfer it to you .
 
As sedo transfers the domain into their own enom account first ... and in turn into your enom account .... but enom have a 7 day restriction on moving domains between enom accounts.

ie my account ---> sedo account ( Now its locked in that sedo account for 7 days by enom ) ... then after 7 days enom allows Sedo to transfer it to you .

One would expect Sedo will have some exception...
 
My current sale:

Agreement reached 9/22.
Buyer paid 9/22.
Received transfer of registrar request from receiving Registrar 9/22.
Forwarded request to sedo transfer agent (per his instructions) 9/22.
Emailed Sedo transfer agent 9/22 and again 9/25 to verify receipt of forwarded registrar transfer request, and to check if it's been forwarded to buyer. No response. Status reads that the transfer of registrar request is awaiting my approval.
Called Sedo transfer agent 9/26. No answer.
Called my current registrar to see if transfer has been initiated. It has not.

My only reasonable conclusion is that my Sedo transfer agent is sitting on the approval codes for the transfer of registrar request, and hasn't forwarded it to buyer. It doesn't make sense that the buyer would be delaying, since he agreed, paid, and initiated the transfer all within 2 hours.

What really irks me is that the status of the transaction reads that the transfer is awaiting my approval. It's a misrepresentation to the buyer of what's really happening here.

Acroplex: It is over $1000, albeit not by a lot. What does a person have to sell to get decent customer service?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom