• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

AOL released 20 million web queries from 650,000 AOL users.

Status
Not open for further replies.
KaneCo said:
the stuff in this is just hilarious!

one guy.
4161666 how to train to become an assassin 2006-03-05 19:02:47
4161666 how to read hieroglyphs 2006-03-05 19:22:24
4161666 how to play bass 2006-04-11 21:56:58
4161666 how to be gay 2006-04-16 00:36:06

unreal he is really trying to be cultured

how do you know that is a guy?
It could be a female too....searching for curiosity.
 
So what's the attraction here ? Aside from the utter stupidity of AOL.

Even if you do find a way to show frequencies of keywords and keyphrases, would you really bid on those 3 month old keywords ?

Im missing something here, how do you capitalize off of this old data ?
 
I think it's not available anymore, because of bandwidth overusage
 
Does anyone know of a script/program or can create one that can parse these text file results for further analysis? For example, I know I can use the pivottable options on excel to parse these repeated quarries into one line but the limitations of excel do not allow this for the full text file list(s) at once. I would have to manaully split each file into probably hundreds to use in excel. I can use access but think that the pivot table also comes from excel so it still does not work. PM if needed. Thank you.
 
Anyone have a link to the raw data anymore? I couldn't get it off the webpage yesterday.
 
dsturbed said:
So what's the attraction here ? Aside from the utter stupidity of AOL.

They may call themselves AOL, but they are acting like good old Time Warner..

I'm ashamed I still own the stock.
 
mikess said:
Does anyone know of a script/program or can create one that can parse these text file results for further analysis? For example, I know I can use the pivottable options on excel to parse these repeated quarries into one line but the limitations of excel do not allow this for the full text file list(s) at once. I would have to manaully split each file into probably hundreds to use in excel. I can use access but think that the pivot table also comes from excel so it still does not work. PM if needed. Thank you.

Any ideas?
 
Any ideas?

Sorry mikess, you're probably out of luck without specialized computer skills. There are 97 million search terms comprising over 36 million queries. Any useful script would run for days or weeks. The link MrMillions gave is a good site. Also I'm working a capability I believe everyone will find quite useful.

Cheers,
BidNo
 
aolsearchdatabase.com
 
Is this legal on AOL's part ? Im thinking that they could potentially be sued for privacy issues... but this is definately a great keyword source. Maybe GOOGLE will soon do the same ???
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom