• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Appraisal Scam new identity please take note and beware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

leo

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
680
Reaction score
1
I got one today.


On 2/6/07, Newmann <[email protected]> wrote:

Hello,

My name is John Newmann. I saw your name for sale on the web. Can you give me a price for the name in the subject line?

Domain names is not my main business. Just another way to make money online on domain reselling. Our company develops software in databases in Delphi and MS Access.

If you offer more domains for sale with good reselling potential please email us your list.

Looking forward to do business with you.

Regards,

John Newmann, Ph. D.
President
SNY Digital Software Systems
+47.55387800 Fax: +47.55387801
============================================================================
NOTICE - This communication may contain confidential and privileged
information that is for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any
viewing, copying or distribution of, or reliance on this message by
unintended recipients is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message
and deleting it from your computer.

===========================================================================


Hope no one falls for this!
 
Thanks. Same register as operaen.com an other scammers
 
What makes me laugh is the PHD bit on his signature, just like the other scams where they say "I prayed and an angel came down and gave me your name, would you let me transfer $50 million into your back account?".

Did you ever see the programme on Sky where these 2 friends got their own back on the scammers by asking them to prove who they were. They said things like dress up as a woman and slap yourself across the face with a fish so I really know its you, so there was this bloke in a mud hut doing this and he said in the email he lived in a palace lol

They have done a book about it, defo gonna get it.
 
such messages are out around from alooooong time, i received more than 7 msgs tell now for my names, don't even replay this .. its a time waste :)
 
It really insults domainers intelligence, but some newbie's do fall victim to it, they want to make a sale so bad, that they lose sight of what is really going on.
 
It really insults domainers intelligence, but some newbie's do fall victim to it, they want to make a sale so bad, that they lose sight of what is really going on.
True that, they surely must be getting some victims evryday.
 
I must admit I did almost fall for the scam when I first get an offer for a website that I had bought. The man who sold it to me was working with Ettica to con people out of money and they got me for $75 to begin with and then emailed me asking for me to name a price and luckily I found other people who fell for the scam. When I started out I thought I didnt need any help but this site is so vital to anyone involved in domains.
 
So what danger is there in responding?...I mean on most domains you can check the whois and get the info.....so I don't see where the identity theft comes in.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom