• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Appraisal Scam

Status
Not open for further replies.

smonline

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Aug 5, 2003
Messages
392
Reaction score
0
Got several e-mails claiming potential domain purchase.

Tried to get me to get a domain appraisal at:

1) "allfordomains.com".

2) $200 appraisal at domainmart.com

3) Sedo (last resort)

I played the game long enough to get a name/affiliate link.

This dude posed as:

"Neil Stichbury, Ph.D.
President
Back Office Net Solutions"

Real name seems to be -- Sukin TySyn

e-mail -- [email protected]

Keep a heads up.
 
This is a classic scam... Chances are thats not his real name. Thanks for the heads up though.

Andrew Shaw
 
This has happened to me a couple times, luckily i never fell for it. But i posted about it on DNF and Namepros and this has happened to alot of people. It always "AllforDomains". I dont know how they are still in business
 
I received his inquiry and was going to lead him on some... but....

Final-Recipient: RFC822; <[email protected]>
Action: failed
Status: 5.1.1
Remote-MTA: dns; mx3.bonbon.net (38.113.3.65)
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 <[email protected]>: Recipient address rejected: Account Closed by [email protected]

===========

Come to think of it... this guy may actually be a member here... he was writing specifically about a name I had for sale (actually I was the buyer) on here in the platinum forums domains for sale. Domain was listed on 11/24 and he wrote me on 11/27, asking if the name was still for sale and whether I had received any other offers.
 
I too was contacted by the scammer. It seems he makes his daily rounds at the forum.

It's pretty obvious to tell that it's a scam though...

He contacted me with a domain, (clearly one of my worst domains), so, since I suspected a scammer, I countered with 167,000$. His response was this:

$167,000 USD. Ok. ......Do you have an appraisal?

He goes under many names, and runs a "software developement company".
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom