Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Appraisals Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simsi

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just a thought on appraisals. Since I have been here, I notice its a very popular forum, but much of what goes through it is crap quite honestly. And many if not posts go through with 0 or 1 reply because I guess most people don't think it's worth the time. And it gets to the point where you don't really want to offend the poster, but honestly if someone offered it you for free you'd probably say no!

There is also fairly regularly confusion over whether an estimated value quoted is a "domainer" value or an "end user" value.

So I was thinking, rather than just having "what is it worth" threads, why not have each appraisal thread auto-tagged with a poll of various options that people can quickly add a voice to without getting too embroiled. The poll question might be "What do you see the resale value of this domain as" or "What would you expect to sell this domain to an end-user".

Responders can still add comments and clarifications as always obviously and the question/options below can be debated, but maybe along the lines of:

$0 - Reg Fee
low $xx - mid $xx
mid $xx - high $xx
low $xxx - mid $xxx
mid $xxx - high $xxx
low $x,xxx - mid $x,xxx
mid $x,xxx - high $x,xxx
low $xx,xxx - mid $xx,xxx
mid $xx,xxx - high $xx,xxx
low $xxx,xxx - mid $xxx,xxx
mid $xxx,xxx - high $xxx,xxx

(Over that and they shouldn't be asking anyway!)

Just an idea to help OP's get more idea of worth and to speed up answering.

Cheers

Ian

Upvote 0

Keyboard Cowboy

Positioning / Publishing
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I like this idea. Would also be quicker to just vote than to start typing (yes, lazy) hence more appraisals for each name

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
great idea!!!!.......will make alot more people participate.....

BidNo

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is a good idea. Another suggestion from some time back was that the OP always post any traffic, income, Ovt (with and w/o ext), Yahoo, Google and comparable sales (i.e. DNSalePrice.com) in their initial post. This would also speed the process and improve the appraisals.

Keyboard Cowboy

Positioning / Publishing
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Another suggestion from some time back was that the OP always post any traffic, income, Ovt (with and w/o ext), Yahoo, Google and comparable sales (i.e. DNSalePrice.com) in their initial post. This would also speed the process and improve the appraisals.
Good idea as well. This would also cut down on those that want every single one of their domains appraised. When people ask others for help it's only fair they put some effort into it themselves

DomainMayhem

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is a fantastic idea, not only for the reasons suggested above, but also because as Simsi pointed out, it looks like ALOT of appraisal threads are never answered, which is kinda pointless. If there were more members actively encouraging each other, the forum would grow as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom