Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Are you serious? 50% threads locked in 3 hours of everyones activity!

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tekz999

I just came online to read threads, and I see 50% are locked in 3 hours of activity. This forbid everyone's freedom to voice. A forum is for everyone to discuss and participate and prosper. Everyone now get pissed off, and scare of johnn and no one make thread and posts anymore.

Screenshot taken: http://www.auths.com/lock.PNG

This is too much! I suggest we vote for our mods.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

ecomindia

e-commerce.in
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
as i said earlier, no reasons are mentioned for the closure

although in the screenshot,
1st -the spacing in the domain names in the title, not allowed,
2nd - i do not understand, title looks good, dont know about inside....
3rd - no domain name mentioned in the title
4th & 5th are contradictory listed i.e. same name is mentioend to have domain review as well as website review
6th again - does not follow title protocol i.e. domain name not listed in correct format

i do not see any thing wrong in so many threads been closed, alll looks gud enuf, only reasons should be mentioend for closure and visible to the users'

have mentioend earlier in the thread and everywhere it willl be debated on the closures of thread, i will add a post to it :)

REASONS !!!

voting for mods .... hmm just imagine what will be rated by the users whose threads are closed?

Domain Summit 2024

VirtualT

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Didn't you just make a thread about how good he was?

ecomindia

e-commerce.in
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
its tough for the mods... if we see the # of posts w.r.t. # of admins / mods, its like a cop for # of citizens in a city!
here on dnf, the quality is really good if i see on other forums and blogs...

this is one reason i agreed to have the paid service .. 'cause it's worth.

yes, sometimes, it is always debatable in certain cases on DNF, but the ratio is very low~!
no harsh comments, but just see the quality of the other forums..
they keep posting threads with useless titles, so much of bumping and no control on the quality by the mods...

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Most forums have mods on power trips. This forum is no exception.

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
There is always a reason a mod closes a thread. I don't understand why people get so upset. Read the rules.. stop spamming the forums with the same threads and you won't have an issue. This thread should be closed since people keep opening up the same threads and complaining and each time it is a different person who didn't read the rules. If you want to discuss something it should be in private.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When I look at that screenshot, when I see thread starter, then I see the thread starter is the last to comment (regarding sales, etc) this tells me it is most likely due to bumping or excessive bumping. I also see improper formatted domain in title as well as no domain in title.

I also believe there should be a reason posted. Sure, it is nice to be told what I did wrong.

Ultimately, the reason would be "thread starter did not read forum rules".

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
What if it is the same people constantly getting their thread closed? How many times does a mod have to write why the thread was closed?

I mean is the mod supposed to babysit? If you read the rules ..and then a thread gets closed maybe you should look them over again.

If your threads are getting closed daily .. does the mod really have to tell you why on each one? Or should you maybe do yourself a favor and actually read the rules?

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What if it is the same people constantly getting their thread closed? How many times does a mod have to write why the thread was closed?

I mean is the mod supposed to babysit? If you read the rules ..and then a thread gets closed maybe you should look them over again.

If your threads are getting closed daily .. does the mod really have to tell you why on each one? Or should you maybe do yourself a favor and actually read the rules?
Well stated.

T

tekz999

Everyone has their point of view, and voicing it out is not an issue. I enjoy reading all comments as long as they are stated in a polite way. I agree on this. I suggest instead of locking threads, mods may consider editing for them, and putting a remark only viewable to the thread starter. So thread starter knows what happened, and it saves them face. Locking threads is not the way to foster participation. It is the other around. I really enjoy more if we can participate more. I am just sharing my vision. I too own a big discussion fan page in facebook, and we enjoy reading everyones comments. We value everyones input and their point of views. I really don't enjoy going to a supermarket, and see half of the sections are "under construction", or go to the internet, and see half of the websites are experiencing "technical errors". I only want this forum to be better in my point of view, that's all. But of course one may not like my suggestion too. But its all good, I understand there are many ways to view things. Anyhow, do consider my suggestion. Thanks guys.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good point about editing a thread title, however, if the OP doesn't intend to put the full domain in the title that could be an issue. There are two sides you can look at this, but at the end of the day it comes down to the OP not reading the rules. Lately I have seen the rules getting clearer, but they could still be more clear for new users. I like your idea about the suggestion they could put for the OP to read why the thread was closed.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I suggest instead of locking threads, mods may consider editing for them
Yeah, I appreciate views also. However, is this not akin to saying,

Hey, its okay...you don't have to read or abide by the rules. We'll fix your mistakes for you. We'll even proofread your copy and make sure you have no typographical errors.

In fact, you don't even have to know the rules of the forum or posting because we are here to do your work for you.

Now hear the pitter-patter feet of the mods as they leave and see the lights dim as the admin turns out the lights.

---------- Post added at 07:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

You know, perhaps the 5 infractions I received early on in my tenure here on DNF was an incentive to read and abide by the rules.

Silly me. What a waste of time.

ksinclair

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The mods do a great job. I think it must be a hard job. A lot of members are too lazy to learn the rules.
The system right now works great; dnforum is a useful resource.

Putting the reason for thread closure might create further debates, and unecessary threads (like this one).
However, a possible solution is this: instead of some exact reason for each closure, which would take too long,
better would be to have a category - from a small number of categories.

For example, one category might be "No domain in title, or improper formatting of domain in title". Just show a category,
and those who are not familar with the rules could then know where to start when they go read. ideally, after the category,
have a link to the main FAQ. Links are a good thing.

When I started here I favored a change to be able to edit the Title line, but now I am not so sure. I like seeing
the older posts, and the un-editable Titles help give some long-term stability to the forum. It also reduces flaming when
people get pissed off and start doing really stupid posts.

Kevin

Aleksandar

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The mods do a great job. I think it must be a hard job. A lot of members are too lazy to learn the rules.

Putting the reason for thread closure might create further debates, and unecessary threads (like this one).
However, a possible solution is this: instead of some exact reason for each closure, which would take too long,

For example, one category might be "No domain in title, or improper formatting of domain in title". Just show a category,
and those who are not familar with the rules could then know where to start when they go read. ideally, after the category,

When I started here I favored a change to be able to edit the Title line, but now I am not so sure. I like seeing
the older posts, and the un-editable Titles help give some long-term stability to the forum. It also reduces flaming when

Kevin

What he said...

Compared to other forums that I've been involved, or seen, mods are angels here. There's always space for improvement, but take it easy guys...

ecomindia

e-commerce.in
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
totally agree
mods here are not angels, they know their jobs well compared to what I and many as mentioned here in this thread itself.
yes, when there is no option but the thread has to be closed , rationale for the reason be mentioned

and when the thread can be edited, instead mods doing it (which i can assure will take their max man-days :)) ) , they should temporarily close it for the poster to edit it and then listing it. BUt said that, thread related to sales may have complication , as the earlier bidder before editing may change his perception and may back out...

best is to close it and give ratonale to it... unless the mods want to create jobs in DNF and implement all said and suggested :)
Also, will like to add one point - see yourself the quality of the threads in other forum - no domain name in title (so bluffing till you open the thread) and unnecessary bumping!!

i love dnf and respect the quality of not only the threads but also the decisions here...

---------- Post added at 08:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 AM ----------

Kevin

yes, but reasoning for any action is required. any business, any acitivity any where , when action is taken, that impacts the buyer, seller and users, rationales/reasons should be provided. i can assure it will decrease the # of debates and minimize the new threads been opened... that's my experience and analysis done for one of the clients and that is the reason , i am after this thing to be implemented.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Too often a full domain name is missing in the title. A simple forum mod would help to enforce this rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom