• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Auctions Auctions Auctions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sevent

DNF Regular
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2004
Messages
631
Reaction score
0
Consider:

* Auction at Targeted TRAFFIC clears $4.8 million.
* Silent TRAFFIC auction looks like it will clear $600k (another ~280 names)
* Sedo begins auctioning names and already I see several solid $XX,XXX sales.
* At least a couple domain forums are now holding weekly auctions.

Is this the beginning of a whole new era in the domain industry? Discuss. :-)
 
I'd like to think so, i think we've all had enough of sitting around waiting. It has to be a good thing.
Pred :clock:
 
Ebay.com has been around forever and I don't see any changes in the quality of names listed there: crap listed for unrealistic amounts. Not worth the time to sort through and I doubt they have ANY discernible impact on the industry.
 
I keep asking.......nothing!
Looks like i will have to wait til tomorrow. 1am here in UK.
Pred :ranger:
 
I'm about to put a fork to my eye!!! The suspense is KILLING ME!!!

ARrrggGGH!!!

But seriously folks, the weather's fine here today.

:)

GoPC
 
GoPC, you need a beer.

Breathe in, breathe out :cheeky:
 
Ebay.com has been around forever and I don't see any changes in the quality of names listed there: crap listed for unrealistic amounts. Not worth the time to sort through and I doubt they have ANY discernible impact on the industry.



link removed
 
Snapnames should go into this game they have good system and best buyers
 
Heh. Not a bad name there JP. But is your reserve as high as the BIN price? If so I doubt it sells. I stand by my statement that nothing new or interesting is happening with domains at eBay.

But to take that a step beyond, they certainly COULD do interesting things by tailoring the auctions to the domain category like they do for cars and real estate. Until then, I be most people get to eBay domain auctions by links at places like this. How many of the bidders have accounts here?

Snapnames should go into this game they have good system and best buyers

This is another big thing that will happen auction wise very soon (or so they've been saying for a while now). The ability to "predrop" names could be huge, but from what I understand they are going to allow sellers to set reserves and won't take possession of the name in advance, things which might make bidding less attractive.
 
Consider:

* Auction at Targeted TRAFFIC clears $4.8 million.
* Silent TRAFFIC auction looks like it will clear $600k (another ~280 names)
* Sedo begins auctioning names and already I see several solid $XX,XXX sales.
* At least a couple domain forums are now holding weekly auctions.

Is this the beginning of a whole new era in the domain industry? Discuss. :-)


Good question for my Thesis. :bounce:
 
Good question for my Thesis. :bounce:

i totally i agree, but without statistical data it's impossible to give an answer. i was addressing this issue here http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=187261 but it did not receive attention.

actually it would be interesting to do periodical domain market reviews and send them out via payed subscribstion. perhaps it would even be possible to have partnership with big players in order to get the statistical data
 
Auctions are a good thing if you want to sell domains fast. I think many domain owners aren't patient anymore and want their domains to sell now. They don't want to wait for an end-user with deep pockets to come along their way. The TRAFFIC auction does indeed support this assumption, as most domains sold at relatively low prices. End-user prices would have been much higher in almost all cases.

actually it would be interesting to do periodical domain market reviews and send them out via payed subscribstion. perhaps it would even be possible to have partnership with big players in order to get the statistical data
I've been working on a (free) service monitoring the domain industry for few months, but I'm only progressing slowly as I've some other projects with higher priorities. I'll let you know when it's done!
 
I've been working on a (free) service monitoring the domain industry for few months, but I'm only progressing slowly as I've some other projects with higher priorities. I'll let you know when it's done!

where do you get your data from (if its not a secret ;)? ar you doing quantitative or qualitative analysis (or both)?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom