Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

auto optimize or manual optimize?

Status
Not open for further replies.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Could people (and maybe Sedo) share their experience and knowldge as to which is better?
Should I auto optimize (let Sedo optimize) my domains or manually do it?

The problem is, I have several hundred of domains there, and I have optimized some and I am happy with the results.
The problem is, I dont have time to optimize each one of the domains, and I am worried that If I auto optimize it, then the ones that I did myself and are working great might be lost.
Is the auto optimize function automatic, or does someone actually look at the traffic and optimize accordingly?

Thanks!

missedcall

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am not a PPC guru not have hundred dn and not sure how sedo works,

but I listed a dn with 200k visits per month there...I listed it on saturday cause I know that they will not set my keywords during weekend, and I do this in order to see how is going without opt.
Well before sedo accepts my keywords was doing above 18% Click through rate and after I "opt" it was doing below 9%! which is a major factor for 200k per month...
... so in this case opt was a failure and have to remove this dn from sedo as I can't go to the original keyword

now on a different domain with 30k visits when i opt it it has gone form 15% to 30% and is still going up.

U see there is NO straight forward answer to your quection...some of them need opt some NOT :) this depends mostly on the industry related to the traffic this dn gets.
Now if u want to look at it deeper is getting quite more complex e.g
u have to look if it is a "type in" traffic or coming from links (makes difference on converion), then u have to look if it is mainly US/canadian traffic OR US/Canadia+major EU countries traffic OR is asian +lower country conversion traffic.? (makes major difference on $/click) - plus some other things which make difference..

so with this large dn portofolio u have u should built an "algorith" ->
e.g. Games related + typo + US traffic is doing this ...
etc etc...

now if u don't have time that's another story BUT if u know what and how to opt may bring u much much much more $$$ :charming:

mark

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
recommend manual optimize for maximum results.i don't believe sedo has the time to review, etc. the problem i have noted in the past with auto optimize is that it will often place two keywords words together
such as nationalpark instead of national park which can dramatically effect the number of ads available and are less targeted to the domain producing fewer click thrus.
i would suspect that the additional income produced from manual should more than offset your cost of having someone help you with that.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thank you.
That is the exact type of answer I was looking for.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators