• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

available .net city w/18k population. Any value?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew Shaw

New Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2005
Messages
3,266
Reaction score
2
Just found an available .net city with a people population of 18k +

What is your opinions on city domain names... .net's better then .us's? Any value in a city of this size?

Also found the following...

xxxxx.us Person population 400
xxxxx.info

xxxxx.net Person population 844
xxxxx.info
xxxxx.us

xxxxx.us 6,000 Person population

xxxxx.net 5,000 Person population
xxxxx.us

Any help would be much appreciated.

Best Reguards,
Andrew Shaw
 
if u have the time to develop then you can get some value otherwise i dont see much value in these names with such low populations
 
I think the population size is too small (unless there are 90% of tourists and 10% or locals, which would mean there are many more ppl at any time in those places than just stabile population)...
 
I think Simon's right on the money for this one.
 
mistermouse63 said:
I think the population size is too small (unless there are 90% of tourists and 10% or locals, which would mean there are many more ppl at any time in those places than just stabile population)...

I disagree. It might not be worth a lot, but it's worth the registration fee.

I own a hundred of so city .nets, as well as city names in .us and .info.
 
However, i`ve no experience with city names but i think these ones would definitely be worth more than reg fee because there is a potential of it being developed. good luck
 
daddypi said:
I disagree. It might not be worth a lot, but it's worth the registration fee.

I own a hundred of so city .nets, as well as city names in .us and .info.

I was looking at it from a different point of view... if you want a long term investment (such as development) then city names are a great thing. However, if you're looking for quick cash, you better look somewhere else, ie traffic domains and etc.
 
future wise.. grab the .info and .net - Just incase these areas become very very popular.. never know , plus the reg fee doesn't hurt
 
Best extensions for US city names ranked.

com
us
info
biz
net
org
ws
 
Stocdoctor said:
Best extensions for US city names ranked.

com
us
info
biz
net
org
ws


hi, I sent you a Pm days ago.....and I`m surprised .biz would be better than .net:confused:
 
I would probably reg the .net US city with population of 18k before someone else does. then you have a year to sit on it and think more.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom