Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Backordering/Expiring Domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

Name Trader

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't have sufficient priveledges to post in the private Expiring Domains forum. Someone there was enquiring about GoDaddy backordering. This is what I posted in another forum about that subject. It basically applies to all registrars....

Back Ordering a domain is less than useless and a complete waste of your money. You are almost guaranteed never to receive the domain if it has any perceived value. FULL STOP.

The way to go about obtaining possession of an expiring domain is to do a whois seach for the domain, find where it is currently registered and make a bid in the ensuing auction at the place where the registrar farms out the domains for auction. That way you also avoid all the drop-catch shenanegans.

Some of the popular registrar auction partners are:-

GoDaddy -> The Domain Name After Market (a GoDaddy company)
Network Solutions -> SnapNames
Directi -> Snapnames
It'sYourDomain -> Snapnames
Bulk Register -> Snapnames
Moniker -> Snapnames
DomainSite -> Snapnames
Dotster -> NameWinner
Enom -> ClubDrop

If anyone else can add to that list, it would be appreciated.

I've never used a drop catcher, but I hear a lot of good things to be said for pool.com, and you must be prepared to enter a blind auction once they have acquired the domain, so it may not be cheap. Drop catching is an art that pool.com have mastered. However it's better to buy it at auction BEFORE the domain actually is dropped from the registrar.

stu

tdawg5345

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ive been wondering how that works thanks for shinning some light on that

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nicely written. Wrong, but nicely written.

-Raja-

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
GoDaddy -> The Domain Name After Market (a GoDaddy company)
Network Solutions -> SnapNames
Directi -> Snapnames
It'sYourDomain -> Snapnames
Bulk Register -> Snapnames
Moniker -> Snapnames
DomainSite -> Snapnames
Dotster -> NameWinner
Enom -> ClubDrop

Snapnames , Namewinner, Clubdrop r all anyway backordering services.......where is the point coming to avoid the catch drop snag?

PLZ be Clear

Preoccupy

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
What Is Pool.com?

Ubiquitous

Since 1997
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Pool.com is another drop catcher/auction site similar to SnapNames.com.

Preoccupy

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Thank you:peace:

hhunterjr

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Godaddy.com has been good for me as far picking up a couple of backordered .us names (if the original registrar is godaddy- for some reason I think that gives you a better chance of getting that domain through backorder on godaddy - but I could be wrong

Preoccupy

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Thank you !

primecsl

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
In my experience, if the original registrar is godaddy.com it simply let the winner to wait for 2 weeks (further ) and pass the domain to the new owners .

LizzeyDripping

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes, I have to say I am a little confused - the services listed above appear to be the normal backordering services...and I thought you had to already have backordered to be allowed to enter the auction, although admittedly I've never actually gone through the process...

So maybe the point being made is just to back order with the registrar with whom the domain is registered prior to dropping and not bother with other back order services?

flybuzz

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah I am using pool, they got those domains even before snapnames.

downdoggy

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
YES.... I talked with the guys at SnapNames.com... they time their releasing of domains perfectly with Network Solutions purging of expired domains. And they ... ehem'.. Snap them up quite litterally. It's a game between they play together between backordering companies and registrars.

It's good to know who is on the same team.

Yes, I have to say I am a little confused - the services listed above appear to be the normal backordering services...and I thought you had to already have backordered to be allowed to enter the auction, although admittedly I've never actually gone through the process...

So maybe the point being made is just to back order with the registrar with whom the domain is registered prior to dropping and not bother with other back order services?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Latest Comments

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com