• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Balls O' Brass - Slimebag in action

Status
Not open for further replies.

dadster

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2006
Messages
768
Reaction score
0
Hello,

Thought I would share this. Two Days ago I got an email from TrafficZ - apparently somebody had tried to open an account and supplied a list of some of my domain names for inclusion, of course they used a fake gmail account name.

I contacted TrafficZ regarding the scammer and all was quite on the western front until today.

This guy has balls of brass!!!! Here is an email I received today:

start of email from slimeball

Hello
can you help me? I come from China, I want to apply for the account of domains parking .But generally all limits the Chinese to apply, I saw you sell domains at the forum, I used your domains to apply the account of domains parking . But the company of domains parking ask me to do this.
Such as bellow:
Snap Shots of portfolios are beneficial to maintain as, frequently, they are necessary to prove ownership. In cases where applicant ownership of certain domains is unclear, we request for verification by the applicant. In order to verify ownership, please sign into your registrar and open a list of your domains. On your keyboard press "Print Screen," copy it onto a program that the image can be pasted onto, and save it as a jpeg/gif file.


Important: Using the e-mail registered under the domains please attach the jpeg/gif

I really need your help, I'm looking forward to your reply.Thank you very much.

end of email from slimeball

Unbelieveable!
 
Can you find out which forum he meant and if he's a member - then get him banned.
 
This is a rampant problem with all the PPC parking companies.
 
One fraudster slowed down.
 
Thanks for the headsup Wolfgang!
 
you should play him like a nigerian scammer. ask him to take a picture holding a sign that says ".ws or bust" and have him send it to you before you send your picture...
 
well, someone contacted me also some time ago on this forum via PM. and wanted to buy an account, his language sounded the same. if interested I can pm you his user id.
 
This world wouldn't be as interesting without people like that. Apparently he doesn't think he's doing anything wrong.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom