Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Ban "trademark/typos wanted"

Status
Not open for further replies.

DigiNames

DigiNames.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I know it's against the rules (often ignored) to sell trademark names and obvious TM typos. Is it against the rules to seek these names in the "Domains Wanted" section? Every so often there is a poster blatently wanting to buy traffic TM/typo names, and IMO it just looks bad for the community. These kinds of posts are exactly why a lot of people think domaining and "cybersquating" are the same thing. I know there is some grey area, but I would like to see the very all obvious TM violations banned.

Upvote 0

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
"The problem is when offering iPhone domains and claim it's a new boat communications device." Again, I say, example, " what does apple have to do with computers, etc the list goes on and on, there is a system to determine who gets to rule the TM brand, and many companies try to lay claim on the same term, but hey, the lawyers and the law, play their legal cards as they may, but here is not the place to decide, who should hold what hand of domains, this is a domain forum, not a court of self righteous domain elites, who try to portray themselves, as more ethical, then someone who owns a questionable domain.

Apple + computers = famous mark. Playing devil's advocate isn't equal to playing stupid.

silentg

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Those are TMs as well. I am surprised that Adam owns them. lol how would mods respond to that post?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators