• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Barbaro Euthanized

  • Thread starter Thread starter H2FC
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't even know he or she was sick.
 
Didn't that happen right after the Kentucky Derby?
 
He got injured 8 months ago...his owners tried to keep him alive, but he lost his battle and was put to sleep this morning.

I actually felt quite sad when I heard this. I think the life of a very successful retired race horse would be pretty darn fun. "Go and screw as many pretty females as possible, we want your kids!"
 
This guy was right. You people are freaking scary!

http://www.sportsline.com/columns/story/9894301

"You people scare me. You freak me out. And worst of all, there's no way to know who you are. You could be the woman who delivers my mail. The man on the next treadmill. My aunt or my cousin.

On the outside you appear normal, but on the inside you're sad and lonely, desperate and degenerate. You're in love with a horse. His name is Barbaro. Your name? I don't want to know your name. I'm still trying to get comfortable with your existence..."
 
Horse racing is a mostly useless sport that gives gamblers a legal excuse to feed their addiction, a sport whose ugly core is disguised by the televised majesty of the Kentucky Derby and Bob Baffert's hair. In recent years the sport has been rocked by drug scandals, with owners doping up their horses to make them run faster, heal faster, etc.

What an idiot!
People like HIM scare me...
 
This guy was right. You people are freaking scary!

http://www.sportsline.com/columns/story/9894301

"You people scare me. You freak me out. And worst of all, there's no way to know who you are. You could be the woman who delivers my mail. The man on the next treadmill. My aunt or my cousin.

On the outside you appear normal, but on the inside you're sad and lonely, desperate and degenerate. You're in love with a horse. His name is Barbaro. Your name? I don't want to know your name. I'm still trying to get comfortable with your existence..."

Why did you put this here? Do you feel the same way as the idiot that wrote that article?

I suggest we all boycott CBS until they get rid of the idiot. I agree with this writers response...


December 28, 2006 5:58 pm
"Please write and/or call CBS sponsors, forward them this article and tell them you will not buy their products if they continue to support this type of material. It is hard to believe that ANY major media editor would allow a story like this to be published anywhere.

It is sad to think that CBS and Sportsline are one of the top sports coverage providers for any media. Everyone should send them a reminder that horse racing fans are customers too.

We should do this EVERY time we are forced to suffer thru a Greg Doyle article on our homepage. He is constantly bashing one sport or another. We should try to help him find another line of work, since he cannot seem to find any redeeming qualities in sports that many of us love".

Murph
 
Why is he an idiot, and you're not?

Because I have more compassion and better sense than to belittle and make fun of those who are suffering a big loss and are in mourning. Its makes no difference what or who they are mourning over.

The facts are that millions of people worldwide loved Barbaro for his great achievements and contributions to horse racing as well as for his gallant fight to survive and overcome an injury that would killed most horses long ago.

Thats why Gregg Doyel is an idiot and anyone who supports and takes up for him for writing such garbage is also a damned idiot in my book. I hope thats not you.
 
Because I have more compassion and better sense than to belittle and make fun of those who are suffering a big loss and are in mourning. Its makes no difference what or who they are mourning over.

The facts are that millions of people worldwide loved Barbaro for his great achievements and contributions to horse racing as well as for his gallant fight to survive and overcome an injury that would killed most horses long ago.

Thats why Gregg Doyel is an idiot and anyone who supports and takes up for him for writing such garbage is also a damned idiot in my book. I hope thats not you.

First of all, that article was written couple of months ago when that horse was alive.

And as for your other points, it is ****ked up to feel compasion towards some damn horse, and at the same time continue to eat hamburgers and vote for rednecks and Republicans who slaughter human beings all over the world. But I'm afraid that kind of prioritizing is just too deep for you celebrity horse-lovers. Crying for some animal creature who you didn't even know and who wasn't anything to you is even worse than crying for Princess Di, even though it's the same syndrom; due to lack of meaning in their own lives many anonymous, poor and socially inept losers cry for celebrities who were born in life of affluence and who have lived fully privileged lives.

This country is ****ked up enough without some horse worshipping. So yes I agree with Doyel when he writes:

"Barbaro has brought out the best in veterinary medicine but the worst in our hero-worshipping society. It's bad enough when an adult stakes out a hotel lobby for an autograph from an indifferent millionaire athlete. But idolizing a horse? A creature that doesn't know you exist ... and doesn't know he's a horse? People are weird."
 
First of all, that article was written couple of months ago when that horse was alive.

And as for your other points, it is ****ked up to feel compasion towards some damn horse, and at the same time continue to eat hamburgers and vote for rednecks and Republicans who slaughter human beings all over the world. But I'm afraid that kind of prioritizing is just too deep for you celebrity horse-lovers. Crying for some animal creature who you didn't even know and who wasn't anything to you is even worse than crying for Princess Di, even though it's the same syndrom; due to lack of meaning in their own lives many anonymous, poor and socially inept losers cry for celebrities who were born in life of affluence and who have lived fully privileged lives.

This country is ****ked up enough without some horse worshipping. So yes I agree with Doyel when he writes:

"Barbaro has brought out the best in veterinary medicine but the worst in our hero-worshipping society. It's bad enough when an adult stakes out a hotel lobby for an autograph from an indifferent millionaire athlete. But idolizing a horse? A creature that doesn't know you exist ... and doesn't know he's a horse? People are weird."

It doesn't matter when the article was written...same message, same answer. As for your other points...I feel compassion for any injuried animal, horses included and especially for a great horse such as Barbaro who never lost a race except for his last one when he broke his leg trying. I don't vote for rednecks and republicians and I seldon eat hamburgers. I didn't cry for Princess Di but I did have pity and compassion for her when I heard of her death.

If you think these human traits are weird, then you are one screwed up dude. If you really wanna know whats wrong with our country....just go look in a mirror.
 
Nice humanistic approach to the never-ending problem of man's inhumanity to animals (let alone to man) Sasquatch. You ought to be put down for such unfeeling comments. Telling it like it is.
 
man's inhumanity to animals
.

What a grossly dumb comment. "Humanity" is not a term compatible with animals. And where do we stop? How about that sushi you eat the other day, should you feel guilty now? And what about that bug you squished with your foot on your way to the unemployment line earlier this morning?

You ought to be put down for such unfeeling comments.

Nice idea mofo. This is precisely the point. You would kill human because of an animal, yet you still kill animals nevertheless you ignorant, colonial, fox-hunting dimwit. And the hypocricy... you eat animal meat every day without giving any crap about it, but all of a sudden you feel compassion (no doubt sensationalistic media-induced for you certainly wouldn't know what to think on your own) for some spoiled race horse who was treated like royalty from the day he was born until he died.

Over seven figures were spent saving that horse only so he could breed other little slave horses just so they could also make their owners' money. Your disgusting priorietis and false compassions for some three-year old heftily-insured race horse make me want to puke. For that amount of money you could have built an inner-city school, or save lives of bunch of orphans in third world countries.
 
Hey Sasq, ask yourself this question: Do you REALLY want to get into it with me? Search deep.
 
Obviously I don't have as much time to waste on such shitty topic as you do.

Not to mention that I'm about to put my leather jacket on (to go along with my leather shoes, yes even hairy creatures follow fashion) and go out for a nice steak (on the bloody side) before I indulge with the main course of veal medallions and meat-loaf and wash down all that with the chilled glass of milk (no doubt from some poor, commercially obese and exploited cow).
 
I wonder what 'Sasqatch burger' would taste like, make mine with cheese and pickles please.

Only joking. (Just want to fuel the flames a little and then for a change take a back seat and eat my popcorn. :smilewinkgrin: )
 
First of all, that article was written couple of months ago when that horse was alive.

And as for your other points, it is ****ked up to feel compasion towards some damn horse, and at the same time continue to eat hamburgers and vote for rednecks and Republicans who slaughter human beings all over the world. But I'm afraid that kind of prioritizing is just too deep for you celebrity horse-lovers. Crying for some animal creature who you didn't even know and who wasn't anything to you is even worse than crying for Princess Di, even though it's the same syndrom; due to lack of meaning in their own lives many anonymous, poor and socially inept losers cry for celebrities who were born in life of affluence and who have lived fully privileged lives.

This country is ****ked up enough without some horse worshipping. So yes I agree with Doyel when he writes:

"Barbaro has brought out the best in veterinary medicine but the worst in our hero-worshipping society. It's bad enough when an adult stakes out a hotel lobby for an autograph from an indifferent millionaire athlete. But idolizing a horse? A creature that doesn't know you exist ... and doesn't know he's a horse? People are weird."


go support PETA then, they will take your money to pay for the killing of more animals.
 
Obviously I don't have as much time to waste on such shitty topic as you do.

Not to mention that I'm about to put my leather jacket on (to go along with my leather shoes, yes even hairy creatures follow fashion) and go out for a nice steak (on the bloody side) before I indulge with the main course of veal medallions and meat-loaf and wash down all that with the chilled glass of milk (no doubt from some poor, commercially obese and exploited cow).

I like a steak as much as the next guy, but how about I crack your leg into 3 pieces and we'll see how you're doing?
 
This guy was right. You people are freaking scary!

http://www.sportsline.com/columns/story/9894301

"You people scare me. You freak me out. And worst of all, there's no way to know who you are. You could be the woman who delivers my mail. The man on the next treadmill. My aunt or my cousin.

On the outside you appear normal, but on the inside you're sad and lonely, desperate and degenerate. You're in love with a horse. His name is Barbaro. Your name? I don't want to know your name. I'm still trying to get comfortable with your existence..."
SWEET! A freak calling a freak.

My God, if this member is so paranoid that his aunt and cousin might be the ones freaking him out and scaring him, as well as the woman who delivers that mail and the man on the next treadmill, then this he/she/it may not be safe in public.

And talk about sad, lonely, desperate and degenerate. This is what I call reaching out!

Glad that it weighs in on the topics that it finds so interesting...Barbaro, Anna, other mundane nuances that it claims not to have time for.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom