Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Be careful of search link extensions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain summit 2024

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip, whois-search. I've also noticed discrepancies showing up with Marketleap results (and most probably the other link sites) for a two word domain name and the hyphenated version of the same words.

In my case I have the non-hyphenated name, but it's the hyphenated domain name which has tons of links.

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
two word domain name and the hyphenated version of the same words

If you use link pop this is common for hyphenated names. If all or substantially all of the links show up in one engine or two its usually BS

If they are spread across most or all the engines you're usually OK.

Best way to tell is to go click on some of the links and right click on the web page. Choose view source and then do a find for the url in the text file you opened. In my experience if the first 5-10 pages show the correct link its a good name. If there is nothing within the first 5 it's usually garbage.

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by gmartfin
If you use link pop this is common for hyphenated names. If all or substantially all of the links show up in one engine or two its usually BS

If they are spread across most or all the engines you're usually OK.

Best way to tell is to go click on some of the links and right click on the web page. Choose view source and then do a find for the url in the text file you opened. In my experience if the first 5-10 pages show the correct link its a good name. If there is nothing within the first 5 it's usually garbage.

Thanks Gordon !

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators