• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

"Best" as an email sign off

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLazeD

Selling
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Apr 17, 2004
Messages
2,894
Reaction score
12
How come people sign off their emails: Best, Matt.

Is that standard practice now overseas? Sure hasnt made its way to New Zealand yet.

Why do people do it instead of Best Regards?
 
I imagen because it's shorter and hence easier to use.
 
i usually go with nothing at all and just right


lalalalala

Dan

or

lalalalala

thanks,
dan
 
G_Gekko said:
I imagen because it's shorter and hence easier to use.

Yup, guessed that. I was more interested in whether it is a new trend in the US or something?
 
Yours Truly,

Regards,

Sincerely,

or, if it's informal: Cheers,
 
Best means Best Regards. It's not that common, but still used.
 
... or all the best ...
 
I think people have misunderstood me - I know perfectly well how to sign off on correspondence, I just hadnt come across "Best" until recently and wondered what the deal was.
 
I would not feel comfortable with "Best"...
that´s me using "Kind regards"
 
I like the formal emails that are "Peace out,"
 
I have not seen just "Best" - usually All the best.

It seems that when people see something new in emails, they copy it. It would be interesting to see if we come up with a new ending and send that to a few people - how soon we might see it again :)
 
I'm with Chase. I tend to use Kind regards, unless it's more informal then I use Cheers. I have to say, I haven't really come across "best". Frankly, it seems a bit meaningless, unless you're George Best
 
I've seen Best a few times, and I don't like it. I prefer to use Kind Regards, or All the best, or Sincerely.

Peace Out.. doesn't quite cut it for most of the contacts I deal with on a regular basis. :-)

Best. :rolleyes:

:evil:
 
get at me,

^^^ I use that one alot.. no matter who Im dealing with.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom