Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Best of .US contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by bidawinner

I keep passing different names around to us for a .US directory...

since your are working on one I can move over to some other projects ..!

Give a holler when your ready for submissions..

Sent you a PM Bid so we can co-ordinate on this.

Domain Summit 2024

cxz

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by jalapeno

cxz - for tools I like Photoshop for graphics (although the much-less-expensive Paint Shop Pro works well, too) and freeware 1st Page 2000 by Evrsoft (www.evrsoft.com) for putting the pages together. I pretty much use it like a text editor, though, with the benefit of the preview window and color-coded tags. It's not wysiwyg.

How about html editor? Do you use frontpage? I once visited microsoft.com for downloading frontpage. There were tons of things to download. Not sure which one to download. One depends another, one is newer version etc.

jalapeno

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
1st Page 2000 by Evrsoft is the html editor I use. If you're looking for something which will let you create pages without knowing html, though, try Netscape Composer if you want a free editor (if you have Netscape you probably already have it on your computer). It's not bad.

You'll probably have to buy FrontPage if you want to use it. It's OK and I know people who use it, but I find the html it generates a little annoying (and it's skewed, of course, to the Internet Explorer browser). From what I've heard, Dreamweaver is the best wysiwyg html editor, but it's also more expensive and has a steep learning curve.

eddie1278

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
iaccess.us is real good in my mind stands for internet access i also own vgo.us just wanted a 3 letter to keep for the future

RON2

@domainbuyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
jal,

In my earlier post, I wasn't knocking your site by any means. It's an excellent website on lemurs. :) I wasn't expecting an animal website to win as the 'best use of the .US extension' Heh heh.. Good for you, and congrats!

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by bidawinner

I am working on http://Archiver.US

a directory/search engine extractor of all .US sites on the web..

and Duke is going to work on ..

well I'll let him tell you :)

Good night

When I made my original post I did not know Bid was already working on a similar project. He has shown me a preview of. It looks great and will be a valuable resource - more advanced that what I had in mind. I will shift gears (easy to do since I haven't even started!) and do a .US showcase site featuring something like the top 100 reviewed .US sites. Now I'll have to reg still another name! :)

jalapeno

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That's OK RJ... I wasn't expecting it either. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators