Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Best place to register co.uk ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonyk2000

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Quote from UK registry website:
Nominet charges J80 plus VAT per direct Domain Name registration, which must be paid in full in advance.
Registering via a Nominet member
Nominet offers its members a discount on registration fees, and charges them J5.00 plus VAT per Domain Name registration. Internet Service Providers, including Nominet members, usually combine the domain name registration fee with charges for other services that they provide to end users, and as a result you may be charged more than J5.00 for a domain name registration.

The cheapest registrar I found is http://www.names.co.uk
The price is J9.99 British Pounds (~ USD $16) for two years registration.
Anybody knows cheaper registrar for UK domains?

unclewilco

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
http://www.oneandone.co.uk/

£2.89 a year or so they say and they are giving away a Free .biz domain as well!!!

i have not regged with them yet, but have transfered from an account that wanted to charge me 14 to do rereg for two years

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Tony if you scroll down a bit you'll find someone has asked a similar question to yours a few days ago - it may be of interest to you.

DRPiNG

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
www.UKReg.com, and have for all my names. i think they ARE the cheapest, £10.51 for .com .net & .org and £6.93 for co.uk org.uk.
Hope this helps

DRPiNG

P

President Gringo

Originally posted by DRPiNG
www.UKReg.com, and have for all my names. i think they ARE the cheapest, £10.51 for .com .net & .org and £6.93 for co.uk org.uk.
Hope this helps

DRPiNG

then you have thrown away a small fortune there DRPiNG. Your overpaying on the .coms by about £3 each, which with the amount you own is a hell of alot.

DRPiNG

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
thanks for the info Prez, where do you suggest i go instead? f*ucking hell £3 is a hefty sum when you consider how many names i've bought! but the again when it comes to transfering what other costs do other firms charge? i really am unsure about anything to do with transfering, reselling and all that side of the business. Please could you check out the details for me, like is it cheaper for me to still use ukreg and is it free to move names etc. i would be very greatful Prez, i do listen to your posts BTW, ok m8y :)
DRPiNG

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dnbuy.com is the one I use - about £5.75/$8.97 for .com.

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There are even cheaper ones around if you hunt for them.

DRPiNG

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
cheers m8, i'll look in to that tomorrow, off to bed now need sleep, been up for 3days now......ZZZzzzZZ
:) DRPiNG

P

President Gringo

ops.......seems i was a lil off...it was £3 your overspending, its about £5. £3 is what your overspending if you use the company i use (which gives you some web space with no banners).................., which means you are paying twice the price.

btw, i think .co.uk was £5 for 2 years reg.

davidthornton

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by unclewilco
http://www.oneandone.co.uk/

£2.89 a year or so they say and they are giving away a Free .biz domain as well!!!

i have not regged with them yet, but have transfered from an account that wanted to charge me 14 to do rereg for two years

That's about the cheapest I have seen and it's the same as 123-reg.co.uk charge. The total cost per domain name is £6.79 inc VAT per name for a two year registration, since .uk domain names have to be registered bi-annually (i.e. every two years).

I've used 123-reg.co.uk myself and have found them pretty good. They have a nice user interface but I do find it requires a few too many clicks here and there to manage names. It'd be nice if they could make things a bit quicker.

Totalregistrations.com are supposed to have a good interface but their prices are significantly more per domain name.

I haven't looked at oneandone so cannot comment. Is there user interface any good? Do they charge to make DNS changes or retag a domain? 123-reg.co.uk don't.

I think the free .biz is if you take out a hosting package with them.

The other option is to pay Nominet £500 + VAT to become a member and thus, the facility to obtain domain names for £5 + VAT per two year period. There is a recurring membership fee of £100 + VAT per annum.

My advice: use 123-reg.co.uk or perhaps oneandone to register .uk or become a member if it's worth it for you. I don't think you'll be able to beat this. For gTLD names, look outside of the UK.

Instinkt

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DRPiNG
thanks for the info Prez, where do you suggest i go instead? f*ucking hell £3 is a hefty sum when you consider how many names i've bought! but the again when it comes to transfering what other costs do other firms charge? i really am unsure about anything to do with transfering, reselling and all that side of the business. Please could you check out the details for me, like is it cheaper for me to still use ukreg and is it free to move names etc. i would be very greatful Prez, i do listen to your posts BTW, ok m8y :)
DRPiNG
I used to use UKReg for my .coms/.nets/.orgs but I just went to powerpipe.com and they come out at about a fiver.I still use .co.uk though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators