• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Bet: Can RegisterFly Keep its Accredidation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRBHosting

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2006
Messages
449
Reaction score
0
The question is out there: Will RegisterFly stay accredited for more than the 15-day limit set by ICANN (information: http://www.digg.com/tech_news/RegisterFly_has_been_issued_an_Ultimatum)?

Gentlemen, place your bets!

Here is how it will work...everyone places their bet(s) here. Post your bet amount. IF YOUR POST IS EDITED, YOUR BID IS INVALIDATED AND YOU GIVE UP YOUR RIGHT TO WIN! Simply send the F$ nessicary for the bet to me (I have 0F$ in my account at the moment; it will stay that way until this is over), and I will post your bet here. Once the result(s) are in, 90% of the total bets will be dispersed to the winner(s), and I will keep 10%.

There will be 50 open bidding spots. Once these are filled, betting is OVER. I can also end this if I see fit by returning all bets, 100%, to their respective controllers.

Name: Elmister
Bet: 333
Name: Sdsinc
Bet: 500
Name:
Bet:

Winnable Pool: 749.7 F$

In the event of multiple winners, the winnings will be dispersed as evenly as possible. Example:

3 winners
Winnings: 60 F$

Will result in a payment of 20 F$ to each winner.

If you believe that this violates any rule, please notify me and I will remove this post.

Jason
 
As much as I would like to see this issue resolved I'd place my bets on nothing happening in 15 days. 150 might even be pushing it. Even if they do take some action you can bet it will be tied up in court for years.
 
someone will buy them out.
Probably GD or eNom
 
Interesting read...
ICANNT admits they have known about issues for a long time.

And it's not only the registrants who have issues with regfly. ICANNT is owed money too :cool:
Looks like regfly has serious cash flow problems.
(4) nonpayment of ICANN invoices; and
(5) insufficient funding of registry accounts.

On 10 October 2006, ICANN notified Registerfly that it had an outstanding balance of
$131,422.86 in fees immediately due to ICANN, of which $44,985.16 was over 90 days past
due.
 
Regfly seem to have had more lives than a cat, so it wouldn't surprise me if they survive or yes, a buyout may happen too.
Trouble is their name is so bad, i cannot imagine anyone on this forum would ever use them again
 
On 10 October 2006, ICANN notified Registerfly that it had an outstanding balance of
$131,422.86 in fees immediately due to ICANN, of which $44,985.16 was over 90 days past
due.

I said a long time ago, you can't keep selling below cost - my kids know that and the youngest is 2!

This whole debacle was inevitable and yet people were still using them upto the end, after all the bad publicity they got. I used them once nearly a year ago and they stole my money - since then I sold every name I had there (names that I'd bought from other traders).

They are fraudsters and deserve to be raped in jail...
 
I think ICANNT should also be named in any suit for failure to act to enforce it's registrar accredation agreement (RAA). They've known about the problems for years and did nothing. It's obvious that ICANNT's concern in this matter was limited to the fees it felt it was owed by Regfly.

Again I say that the 25 cent fee on each name paid by us to ICANNT amounts to "taxation without representation". The DoC would be fully justified in pulling ICANNTs mismanagement agreement.
 
agreed :yes: it'll never happen though :rolleyes:
shouldn't enom get buggered too ? ;)
 
I think ICANNT should also be named in any suit for failure to act to enforce it's registrar accredation agreement (RAA). They've known about the problems for years and did nothing. It's obvious that ICANNT's concern in this matter was limited to the fees it felt it was owed by Regfly.

Again I say that the 25 cent fee on each name paid by us to ICANNT amounts to "taxation without representation". The DoC would be fully justified in pulling ICANNTs mismanagement agreement.

I completely agree. Icann are a regulatory body yet they only move on anything when its their own money/interests at stake. They did nothing about registerfly because that pathetic excuse for a registrar owed them so much money- they didn't action anything because they would risk losing the money owed to them. This will never stop unless we kick up enough of a stink. The downfall of registerfly is evidence that we have the power if we choose to use it.
 
Once the result(s) are in, 90% of the total bets will be dispersed to the winner(s), and I will keep 10%.

...

In the event of multiple winners, the winnings will be dispersed as evenly as possible. Example:

3 winners
Winnings: 60 F$

Will result in a payment of 20 F$ to each winner.

payments would be dispersed proportionally to bet amount? I want to bet ;-)
 
I bet that RegisterFly WILL stay accredited for more than the 15-day limit set by ICANN

Name: elmister
Bet: 333 F$
 
There is a forum for "Contests", this post may be more appropiate there, so it would get people interested in betting here
 
I've made a post in Contests, linking to this post

sdsinc made a post betting 500 F$ but in that post, he didn't realize that the bet amount must be sent to you

Considering the last news, i'm starting to wish i wouldn't have any bet... luckily nobody has bet against me
 
Visit Registerflies.com for updates, i like the site
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom