• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Better Investment? CVCV.com or 3 letter .net

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGray

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Oct 24, 2002
Messages
959
Reaction score
0
From an investment standpoint I'm curious to see what you all would think is better:

If you had to choose between a nice pronouncable CVCV.com or a decent 3 letter .net [No difference in cost] which one would you go for?




BTW: For those that don't know CVCV = consonant-vowel-consonant-vowel
 
I'd try to get a L-L.com or push for a premium LLL.net
 
I'm looking for opinions on just those two options in the original post.
I shouldn't have brought money into the picture so I edited the scenario. ;)
 
if it were for resale then 3 letter .net
if for your own site then maybe the other.
 
i'd go for 3 letter .net, they seem to be doing very well @ recent snap drops... although a four letter.com could have a lot of typo/spillage traffic in which case obviously i'd go for that
 
i'd go for 3 letter .net- much easier to sell.
 
I'd prefer kel.net to wopa.com :D
 
I have gotten some really good 3 letter .net's lately...I think they are the definite way to go..
 
3 letters unless the 4 letter is really good...
 
I'd go for CVCV.com. Your end users will be looking to make an entire brand out of it, so they will be willing to pay more than a domain investor who is looking for a lll.net based solely on its rarity.
 
I'd go for CVCV.com. Your end users will be looking to make an entire brand out of it, so they will be willing to pay more than a domain investor who is looking for a lll.net based solely on its rarity.
whoa...you're inside my head.
 
Thanks for the input. Very interesting.

I've been buying a fair bit of both lately and when I thought of this scenario I had a hard time with the decision.

In the end it is really close for me but I'd lean towards the CVCV.com purely based on the strength of the .com extension and number of newer high profile sites sporting the CVCV pattern.
End users almost always prefer .com so there is a higher price ceiling IMO and they both have a similar price floor although the .net is firmer and more established.

The 3 letter .net is also slightly more liquid right now although I think they will be on even ground in that aspect soon.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom