• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

"Bid automatically placed by Sedo."

Status
Not open for further replies.

seanboy

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2006
Messages
819
Reaction score
0
I'm looking at these auctions and I see that sedo is automatically placing bids on alot of these names. As a semi-newb I'm a little confused. Does that mean that sedo themselves is bidding on the names as well? Could one of the vets here please clear this up for me?

Thanks,

Seanboy
 
how can you tell that sedo is bidding?
 
How did you come to the conclusion that sedo was placing bids themselves?

I have 2 names on auction there where the reserves were met via initial bids by regular customers. Then they were placed on the auction for anyone to bid higher. They will be sold though either way.

There are other names that they accepted as "premium" enough to place on the auctions, but you can tell those often by the icon saying "reserve not met".

My first experience with this sedo auction thing, and I'll let you know if it worked, or sucked for me.
 
maybe thats what he meant, the "reserve set by sedo"
 
"Bid automatically placed by Sedo."

This indicates a proxy bid.

Bidder 1 has entered a proxy bid higher than bidder 2's current bid. Sedo automatically raises bidder 1's bid incrementally as required to maintain a winning bid until the proxy limit is met.
 
"Bid automatically placed by Sedo."

This indicates a proxy bid.

Bidder 1 has entered a proxy bid higher than bidder 2's current bid. Sedo automatically raises bidder 1's bid incrementally as required to maintain a winning bid until the proxy limit is met.


I see. So that's what it is. Thanks compubahn.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom