• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Big Domain Research Tool (DRT) Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

RegFee

New Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2005
Messages
865
Reaction score
3
I've found PremiumDrops' lists are easier to sort through by downloading them to DRT. I opened the program a few minutes ago, and it auto-updated, which hasn't happened since January. Here's a list of the changes:

Release 1.3.7 - 05/04/2007





- Public Release #35. Big update folks. This update may require a fresh install (using Setup.exe)

so make sure you backup your log/watch/portfolio files.





Bug Fixes:

- .org now properly works with proxy (web proxy only)

- .co.uk now pulls expiration date and nameservers

- .ws now pulls creation, update and nameservers (w/wo proxy)

- .com.br pulls creation,expiration,nameservers (w/wo proxy)

- SE Keyword digger now works with Google.

- Google TP now automatically extracts just term from domain (ex: something.com = something)

- Google TP (term popularity) now supports proxy servers.

- Google TP now works within the automated appraiser

- Alerts will no longer be shown if a proxy is banned for bulk queries (only when no proxies are used)

- Save error messages are now displayed in the status bar (not popup anymore).

- New .com and .com changes files (which have grown very large due to tasting) are now provided in zip format.

- Italian overture now returns valid scores.



New Features:

- My Terms now displays all terms & domains extracted when performing Overture queries & digs.

- .mobi availability and whois scanning now supported (with and without proxies).



*** PremiumDrops.com beta launched. Pre-scanned domain name lists are now

available to download free.



Known Bugs:

- Google Pagerank Problem - As of 05/04/2007 Google changed how pagerank queries

are processed. We are working on fixing this.

- MSN Link Popularity - MSN link popularity has been disabled by MSN. We are not

sure if this feature is coming back.


===

Google TP is one of my favorite metrics to find good domains, so I'm especially glad with this update. Also, .mobi scanning has been a highly anticipated feature.

Enjoy!
 
I second Google TP. I updated earlier WITHOUT having to run Setup.exe. Setup went seamlessly and DRT is working well.
 
2 more updates since the time of original post. Luc has really been busy!
 
my DRT is fighting with Vista, everytime it tries an update, Vista shuts it down :(
 
Really? I am using Vista with UAC on. When I load DRT I must allow it to run, but other than that it works fine.

When Vista shuts it down does it give you any errors? The update did mention you may need to re-install DRT. I believe when I initially installed it on my Vista, I right clicked on it and set to always run as administrator. This will allow it to register itself with the serial # server or something.
 
Really? I am using Vista with UAC on. When I load DRT I must allow it to run, but other than that it works fine.

When Vista shuts it down does it give you any errors? The update did mention you may need to re-install DRT. I believe when I initially installed it on my Vista, I right clicked on it and set to always run as administrator. This will allow it to register itself with the serial # server or something.

when I turn on the pc (new HP laptop with everything top , 1 gig of ram...)

I start DRT and the auto update comes and Vista ask me to allow or deny:

if I deny, DRT gives an error but it works with all past bugs

if I allow, Vista shuts it down without any error message.

Same thing if I install DRT out of Program Files folder, actually in that case, it does not work at all.....it gives more errors. And yes I reinstalled it totally many times, same thing. :?:
 
You try to turn off UAC? It sounds like you have installed it and it has gone past the 15 day trial without registering it and since you are not registering it with your serial it keeps shutting down.

Try to turn off UAC, restart, run DRT with UAC OFF and see what happens.

AND make sure you have all the latest updates for Vista
 
You try to turn off UAC? It sounds like you have installed it and it has gone past the 15 day trial without registering it and since you are not registering it with your serial it keeps shutting down.

Try to turn off UAC, restart, run DRT with UAC OFF and see what happens.

AND make sure you have all the latest updates for Vista

thanks for the tips, I`ll try everything possible tomorrow since it`s almost midnight here.

I`ll let you know, thanks again :)

You try to turn off UAC? It sounds like you have installed it and it has gone past the 15 day trial without registering it and since you are not registering it with your serial it keeps shutting down.

Try to turn off UAC, restart, run DRT with UAC OFF and see what happens.

AND make sure you have all the latest updates for Vista


Ok, back to the problem, it`s still doing all the same.

So I installed it again in :

C:/Program Files/DRT


and as soon as I launch the software I get Vista asking me if I want to allow permission of this:

DRTAUTOUPDATER.exe

If I deny it, then DRT starts but with the following error:

67fnr7n.jpg


If instead I allow the update:

the updater checks for new versions and then closes and DRT closes too.

But now I wonder if I have the last version or not since I do not see .mobi in the "generate domains" option.

Here is my version:

4z040v5.jpg




Thanks for the help.
 
Bump :)

Also why lately near some names I see some codes like:

S1
S2
S3

What do they stand for?

Thanks
 
italian,
You don't seem to be getting the most updated version, since DRT is currently at version 1.3.9

Try opening DRT, then go into options=>general settings and turn off autoupdate for now.
Restart DRT
In the help menu, there are three options regarding updates. Try the force update option. Your firewall will probably ask you to approve. See if the autoupdater actually downloads files (it will say something like "1/3..." and have a status bar), and then a .txt file should open up listing the changes.

regarding .mobi support, I still don't have it in my updated copy, and I submitted a bug report, so hopefully they'll fix that soon.

I've never seen the s1,s2,s3 thing, did you take a screenshot of that?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom