• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Big move in llll.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

3par

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2006
Messages
227
Reaction score
0
Somebody took ~6000 llll.com over the weekend. I randomly sampled a few of the domains and they are registered thru different registrars. I will keep track and see whether the names are released back in the grace period.

Now the avaiable llll.com stands around 76K.
 
any pattern in the registrations?
 
for a typical day about 200 llll.com is registered.
on 28th, the number is >6000.
out of the 6000, domaindoorman registered about 5300
they just randomly registered the domains
it is not clear whether they will keep rolling this many llll.com names or dump it out completely.
 
Fascinating..... only a matter of time till they are all gone anyways... I think the good LLLL.com will be no different from LLL.com in the near future. I'm holding to the 1-2 syllable pronounceable ones that I own.
 
I am long time thinking about to take all the rest of LLLL and NNNNN...better move than that dude took all LLL.info imho...
 
I remember in the 1990s someone tried to register all available 4-letter .com domains, back when NSI still had a monopoly and was invoicing people by physical mail for each one. Of course, the person never paid up. The US Postal Service must have been very happy. :-)
 
Wasn't back in the 90s still a lot of LLL unregged ?
 
LLL .com must have been all reg'ed befor 2000 there are only 17,576 possible
LLLL.com there are 456,976 possible.

Any body know how many LLLL.com are left?
 
denny007 said:
..better move than that dude took all LLL.info imho...


Who did that?

And, why?
 
Any body know how many LLLL.com are left?

An estimation of around 80K is accurate.
 
Are there still NNNNN.com left? I thought Marchex bought every one they could.

denny007 said:
I am long time thinking about to take all the rest of LLLL and NNNNN...better move than that dude took all LLL.info imho...
 
About 6k of the recent LLLL registrations were traffic-testing by domaindoorman..while the 4L market might heat up a bit, it's not quite ready yet

Also, Marchex bought all zip code NNNNN.coms, but there are many that don't have zip applications and thus remain.
 
I'm not sure that's right. Looks liek Marchex bought 73k of them:

http://publications.mediapost.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=Articles.san&s=32993&Nid=14862&p=297336

That would leave just 27k. I just did a few random WHOIS and all of the ones I checked (ig. 80399.com) were taken by non-Marchex people. Try it yourself or if you have a way to do bulk WHOIS and not get banned run the whole list. That would be interesting. I bet you could get a DNF$ for available ones.:cheeky:

rocketfly said:
Also, Marchex bought all zip code NNNNN.coms, but there are many that don't have zip applications and thus remain.
 
with the arrive of IDNs I think many Chinese people will abandon and release their numeric domains
 
No way. Have you seen a Chinese keyboard? They all have numbers, but do you think all of the characters fit with just one key press? Numbers will always be easier, and they are true IDN's because they work in all languages.

Sorry to the thread poster if we are getting off topic. :shy:

italiandragon said:
with the arrive of IDNs I think many Chinese people will abandon and release their numeric domains
 
uhm no I haven`t seen a Chinese keyboard.....I would like to see one....
 
are there any NNNN.net or .org left, and are they worth anything?

Here are 20 available NNNNN.com , take while they last ;)

1.
50983.COM


2.
21396.COM


3.
32491.COM


4.
92431.COM


5.
41684.COM


6.
79613.COM


7.
43958.COM


8.
34650.COM


9.
40267.COM


10.
28096.COM


11.
71298.COM


12.
01676.COM


13.
02944.COM


14.
34976.COM


15.
31293.COM


16.
25284.COM


17.
69257.COM


18.
84691.COM


19.
74819.COM
 
attention people.....if datas from dyyo.com are correct the LLLL.com are finishing faster then expected since I just checked and the number of LLLL.com left is:

A total of 56695 domain names are found
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom