• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Big Opportunity for Arcade Sites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2006
Messages
1,911
Reaction score
0
I've noticed that arcade sites in general don't make much money for the number of visitors they receive. A few years ago a friend of mine started a company called gamefly (www.gamefly.com). They do mail order games like netflix does for movies. I checked with him yesterday about doing some advertising on my sites and he pointed me to their affiliate program in place through CommissionJunction. I was shocked at the conversion bounties they pay...$15 per conversion plus $100 bonuses for every 10! A conversion is just someone signing up for the free 10 day test period.

Anyway, I was thinking with all these arcade sites struggling to get 3 cents per click, this might be a huge opportunity for some people here at DNForum. I don't know much about arcade site traffic and I could be way off. I do know that in order to convert they will need a U.S. address and a credit card. It's one of those deals where they automatically continue on if they don't cancel at the end of 10 days.

Anyway, give it a shot if you like. If you use them, do me a favor and P.M. me the list of domains you put them on. I don't have any financial arrangement with them but maybe my friend will see fit to throw me some stock options if this brings thousands of conversions.
If anyone has tried this and knows that it doesn't work for arcade sites, please feel free to pitch in. Maybe this would work with myspace traffic also?
 
I don't know about everyone else, but I know my arcade traffic isn't nearly as bad as 3 cents a click. I make more than that per visit.

I'm definitely going to give this a try though. It would be nice to see how much of my traffic is interested in this sort of deal.

-Cheers.
 
Thanks Greg, I would like to know how it goes. I talked a bit more with my friend who started the company. Looks like they are paying nice affiliate fees but not yet putting much into getting the word out. I might try to do a bit of side work with them in the future. I did a google search and couldn't find their ad on any of the top ten arcade sites landing pages.
Gamefly is not exactly an unknown company, They do televison ads and they are by far the leader in their business from what I understand.

Duck
 
gee, I wish I had friends like that. Do you know him personally or from the internet?
 
Greg-J said:
I don't know about everyone else, but I know my arcade traffic isn't nearly as bad as 3 cents a click. I make more than that per visit.

I'm definitely going to give this a try though. It would be nice to see how much of my traffic is interested in this sort of deal.

-Cheers.

wow, thats an incredible ratio, care to share how that is done?
 
gee, I wish I had friends like that. Do you know him personally or from the internet?

Just a personal friend. He ain't rich yet but the business seems to be going quite nicely.

wow, thats an incredible ratio, care to share how that is done?

That's what I was thinking. I see sites arcade sites for sale here sometimes with thousands of monthly visitors that don't make squat. That's why I thought this was a good opportunity to try out.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom