• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Blacklisted domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

hugegrowth

New Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2005
Messages
5,992
Reaction score
150
just saw a place today where you can check on domain status. I entered a few of my domains and lo and behold one that I bought at auction for around 20$ a couple months ago is shown as blacklisted.

What does this mean and will it go away? I just have the domain parked now.
 
Which site is it?

I've previously heard of blacklists that are used by mail servers to determine which sites might be involved with spam...
 
yes, site please
 
can't remember which site I used to look it up, it was in a thread here today that someone used to show how old a domain was.

the domain in question is LREO dot com
 
It could just be the server the domain is hosted on is blacklisted, and not that specific domain.
 
I have picked up dropped domains to find out they were blacklisted for spamming. Sometimes I get e-mails weeks later telling me to stop sending spam. Makes me think some computer somewhere is still sending out spam for these domains.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom