Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

BOO - no more than 8 open negotiation activities at the same time

Status
Not open for further replies.

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This needs to be removed from your policy:

Sorry, we couldn´t validate your offer! Please note for you as a buyer, it is only allowed to have 8 open negotiation activities at the same time. Please complete a current domain transaction or delete an existing negotiation acitivity first!

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sedo is stranger than I thought LOL!

What kind of a limitation is that ... I'm a very low-volume domain trader, and yet I could see there being times that I could potentially exceed that ... but even if not, such a policy, while well intentioned (perhaps to reduce offer spamming or something) is very limiting; at least raise it to several dozen or something - perhaps I totally misunderstand the restriction?

On an aside, when one makes an offer for a domain listed with a "Make Offer" price, how does one refuse the offer?

I tried to reject an offer, but Sedo insists on me entering a price first ... I don't want to do that for some domains for various reasons.

Am I doing something wrong or is that not possible ... guess I just ignore it ... but once there are 8 "open" negotations, I guess I'm out of luck ... jeez, please tell me I'm just confused and I overlooked a button or something ... ?

Ron

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
So far I haven't sold anything through Sedo - are you guys advertising prices or "Make offer"?

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not sure if your question is directed to me ... but yeah, advertising "Make Offer" ... I'd prefer not to price domains that way, but Sedo has a 10,000 $/euro pricing limit; I understand why, but it greatly limits marketing for some folks.

The pricing limit wouldn't be so bad if Sedo had an auction sale format option, since I'd at least be able to set a starting point, like some other listing places.

Ron

yesonline

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've sold 3 domains at sedo(the latest one price was not high but also mentioned by dnjournal.com currently :)), and all of them listed a pirce plus "make offer" option, all the buyers only negotiated very few times and made decisions quickly to purchase. And when I bought domains at sedo also did the same thing.
If the buyer made the offer is far from the price what you have listed, and they replied your first offer is still far from, I usually cancelled the negotiation.

SedoCoUk

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello from Sedo,

We enforce the bid thread limit to prevent mass bidding on domains.
It ensures that customers generally bid on domains that they genuinely want to buy.
This rule also cuts down on the amount of lapsed bids as it encourages customers to respond to bids that they have received.
Many find it difficult to manage a large number of open bid threads at one time.
Users who complete a lot of transactions through us on a weekly basis and have a substantial amount of domains parked with us sometimes apply to have this limit lifted under certain circumstances.

Kind Regards,

Nora Cotter
Key Account Manager

SEDO.COM :: Buy and Sell Domain Names and Websites

tel +49 (221)-420-758-287 :: fax +49 (212)-202-3951
email: [email protected] :: url: www.sedo.com

_______________________ :: make a name for yourself.

NameTower

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Valuenames (ron) check your PMs.

Thanks,
- Jordan

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yesonline said:
...If the buyer made the offer is far from the price what you have listed, and they replied your first offer is still far from, I usually cancelled the negotiation.

I keep trying to cancel the negotiation, but Sedo won't allow me to do it ... I get an error message saying I must enter a price first ... that makes no sense!

Ron

Bashar

Kuwaiti UNIX Geek
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
so true

i'd say let it unlimited for people who already bought multiple domains via Sedo, or who paid XXXX amount of money of purchasing.

its really annoying to wait for someone to reply and then cancel it, some buyers never reply

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom