• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Boring Saturday Question for fun

Status
Not open for further replies.

acronym007

Thankful!
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2004
Messages
3,987
Reaction score
16
So, let's run a hypothetical scenario here. Suppose today or at some point in time all TLD's/ccTLD's were released at the same time and given all the same value. Let's forsake the dominance of .com for this conversation. Let's suppose every .com sold was worth the same as every .gs or some other obscure cctld. Now with this question you have the background, money is not the issue, they're all equal. So what TLD/ccTLD would chose to name your company with, what cctld would you name your business or personal website? Would it be .im because it fits, or .mn because you live Minnesota, how about ,ms. Alright, don't give no corny .com answer, be open minded, there is no right and wrong and we all know .com is king but for this question .com is equal to all others. Hmmm, let me hear what TLD and why? Cheers,

Acro
 
Well, I'd probably choose .Net because it literally refers to the internet -- an actual part of the word "internet". It's also a word by itself - net. And it sounds a lot better than "com", too.

Nothin' but .Net!
 
.tv

it just sounds cool.


Can you imagine how successful .tv would have been if they didn't have such a silly pricing structure for premium names. Oh my, I think by now they would have made some waves.
 
Can you imagine how successful .tv would have been if they didn't have such a silly pricing structure for premium names. Oh my, I think by now they would have made some waves

I'm with you there all the way. About 8 months ago I was going to drop $25k on a huge .tv portfolio.... until I saw their pricing structure, that is. I remember one dictionary word that is not even a popular term or phrase value-wise cost $10k per year at the .tv registry. Not to mention all their other names. I was even willing to pay the 34$ reg fee per name for the campaign. I ended up dropping the campaign completely and going with a nice .com/.net portfolio instead.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom