• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Bulk whois check

Status
Not open for further replies.

krooga

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2005
Messages
53
Reaction score
0
Hey guys,
Hope you can help me out on this one...

I have an email list of about 20 000 contacts, unfortunately I only have the emails and not names nor location...

I wish to target a specific city but i'm afraid the emails are nationnal or international. As most emails are company based my idea was to extract the domain, look it up on a whois to see if it matches the city and then keep or reject the email...

If you have any ideas on how I can go acheiving this or any other methods to acheive my goal I would greatly appreciate it !

Thanks,

Sam
 
What if the domain whois show hotmail, and country as pakistan? hotmail and gmail are both worldwide anyway.
 
Thanks for the reply !
I know that about 95% of my list is from one country. I have removed all free email adresses (yahoo.fr, yahoo.com, hotmail, gmail etc...).

Hence I am left with only business email adresses, the list is fully B2B !

Any ideas ?

Sam
 
Well, I have an idea for you. Double whois check. You use whois check to check the email of the domain, then check the domain. I know you dont understand what I typed.. anyway, heres an example:

You check the domain usa.us, and found this email in registrant:
[email protected]
Then you whois the domain "germany.com", and found that germany.com is registered by a germany based company.

So [email protected] do not match the domain usa.us, as usa.us should only match with US ISP email addresses like [email protected] only. Hope this helps.
 
If there are 20m, you'll need a script to do it. You can set the rules in the script to chuck out what you don't want. Tekz is right, it's a two-step process, but a script would take care of it. Then you have the problem of banned IPs with referring whois servers. Proxies might work OK if you can get a LOT of working ones to rotate.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom