• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Buyer or Seller Market?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BostonDomainer

New Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2006
Messages
2,292
Reaction score
65
Ok, I know it's summer time plus holiday time in the states.... but, for those who frequent DNF... do you feel that we are in a buyer or sellers market.

Here's my personal assesment per extension which has worked for me.

Hold.tv (name which works with the extension, future potential is tintelating)
Sell .mobi (all my LLL.mobi are gone, held 2 generics just in case)
Buy .com (obvious, I only buy emerging tech, near tech, and medical advances ( without TM issues) I suggest keywords but don't get carried away with those '4 word generics')
Hold .net (simply not my niche... I don't think it's worth it, though some would argue with me)
Buy.org (I think Al Gore is doing a good job promoting the extension, anything that fits in the green category is a sure bet. I've heard from the dems twice this year)
Buy/Hold .eu I think it has potential......... I've purchased a few but I am unsure....

I'm far from a guru in the industry but have been in it for 4 years... I would love to get feedback from other domainers in terms of their current status and how they're approaching the changes in the industry.

-James
 
Strong buy: .INFO

Tons of reasons, which I don't care to reveal :)
 
Strong buy: .INFO

Tons of reasons, which I don't care to reveal :)
 
I focus on .com and .ca the most. I think country code domains are good especially for your own country (.us, .co.uk, .de, .es and so on)
Also like .info or .net but have to be very good words or keywords. I like .info if it's travel or subject related that someone would seek 'information' on.
Like .org for place or subject names, not for business names though - also needs to be strong keywords.
I'm holding my .mobi, I think most best keyword(s) are taken now. Same with .tv
I mostly avoid .cc and .biz but would only buy if it's a very strong keyword, first names, etc.

If I was American I'd be buying .us. I think .info has a lot of growth ahead. If I had xx,xxx or more to spend in the secondary market I'd probably be going for generic one and two word .com, .ca, .info only.

Also think it's a seller's market for strong domains, the available quality is drying up.
 
The best bargains around are .info, without doubt
I buy & sell all tld's. Although i tend to ignore .biz
Just a personal thing i love .org more than .net

My favourites are .com / .mobi & .info

I also have a penchant for my country codes: .co.uk & .org.uk
 
besides the obvious .com:

buy: .org .info .eu .mobi
sell: .biz .nu
hold: .mobi .tv

buy: ccTld in countries/markets and languages you know really well

.mobi is highly speculative but promising, so it is in two categories.
 
besides the obvious .com:

buy: .org .info .eu .mobi
sell: .biz .nu
hold: .mobi .tv

buy: ccTld in countries/markets and languages you know really well

.mobi is highly speculative but promising, so it is in two categories.

i agree.
although wouldn't touch .eu. just my opinion
it is very exciting to be involved in .mobi :yes:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom