Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Buying domains with Paypal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ross1982

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Any site/reseller allow this?

Thanks

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You mean new registrations and NOT those in the pre-owned/second hand market, right? DreamHost - the host that I've been with for 5 years now - just lowered their domain registration to $14.95 per name year. They are ICANN-accredited and they accept PayPal.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
$8.88 namecheap - can use paypal.

Prosperous

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yep, PayPal payment is available at DomainSite.com, where you can reg names for $6.99 or $7.77. (Am not affiliated with them, but reg most of my names there these days, and happily recommend them).

Best,
Rob

Kyric

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Namecheap offer registrations with Paypal funds.... I strongly recommend this service as it has superb interface & unbeatable support.

Ross1982

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is namecheap like godaddy aka free transfer to another namecheap account? Free fowarding etc?

Thanks

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
RealNames said:
Why not get a PayPal (MasterCard) Debit Card (which even pays interest too) and then you can use PayPal at any registrar rather than only a few of them?
Ross1982 said:
Because I can't.
I was about to say that PayPal is supposed to target a market in which only a minority of its users are eligible for even a debit card; and it's a TOTALLY different clientele than the credit card owners.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
nameslave said:
I was about to say that PayPal is supposed to target a market in which only a minority of its users are eligible for even a debit card; and it's a TOTALLY different clientele than the credit card owners.

Not sure what you mean?

Why would paypal target a minority market? Also, are you saying a debit card is easier or harder to get than a credit card, I assume the credit card is more difficult, right? If so, why do some here say thet can not get a debit card?

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
RealNames said:
Why would paypal target a minority market?
Who knows! Perhaps they are silly, perhaps they want to LOOK big. Sometimes, people get a 1-800 number just to look more established. (I do. :D)

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sorry Nameslave, still do not see what you mean or got the answer to those questions?

"Why would paypal target a minority market? Also, are you saying a debit card is easier or harder to get than a credit card, I assume the credit card is more difficult, right? If so, why do some here say thet can not get a debit card?"

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
RealNames said:
Also, are you saying a debit card is easier or harder to get than a credit card, I assume the credit card is more difficult, right? If so, why do some here say thet can not get a debit card?"
There are different tiers of credit status; for some people, even a debit card is beyond their reach, THAT's why PayPal has been so popular.

I've already tried my best to answer your questions, so even if you still don't see what I mean, I have no regret at all. :D

Ross1982

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ross1982 said:
Is namecheap like godaddy aka free transfer to another namecheap account? Free fowarding etc?

Thanks

Anyone know answer to this pls?

Thnx

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nameslave, In what way or regarding what? No big deal at all and certainly not too important but just curious as I still do not get what this means "Perhaps they are silly, perhaps they want to LOOK big."

P.S. I think PayPal is incredibly good and valuable (especially for a merchant account - so much better than a regular credit card merchant acct) so am always curious when I see some members seemingly somewhat negative toward their various services. (Not referring to you Nameslave but some other members).

stoned

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
namecheap for domain's, Also surpasshosting is a good host that accepts paypal. overpro also pays through paypal.

Kyric

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ross1982 said:

Thanks

Yes to both....... free forwarding, free domain push to another namecheap account. A number of other superb free features aswell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators