• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

For Sale Ca pump _n_dump

Status
Not open for further replies.
.ca will never be anywhere near what .com is, and I'm not sure that's such a bad thing. I personally would rather be a big fish in the small pond than a small fish in the big pond, as the cheesy saying goes. :)

For doing business in Canada, and for recognition by Canadians, I think .ca is about equal to .com, or is very close. That is the beauty of cctld's for most countries, within each country the cctld is on par with .com

I like the analogy to the ponds... I think the same way in terms of .ca versus .com
 
For doing business in Canada, and for recognition by Canadians, I think .ca is about equal to .com, or is very close.

I would have to agree with that. One of the most promising trends for me is that businesses are now registering both the .ca and the .com for their sites. Even a year ago the .ca had less appeal if the company already had the .com. And I even find myself typing in the .ca first for large companies trying to get to their Canadian site.
 
And I even find myself typing in the .ca first for large companies trying to get to their Canadian site.

I agree completley it is obviously because i deal only in .ca, nevertheless i found myself the other day accidentally going to sevenmile.ca instead of com when i was looking to read Frank Schilling's new posts.
 
Occasionally I surf the net outside of the domain biz. If it isnt a .ca I dont usually bother with it. I dont use much SE as the top results are usually the ad saturated sites with arbitrage sites in the ads (it gets old). The best results come from links on reputable and similar sites to which Im looking for. They arent all dolled up like the money machines but a much more pleasant experience. If I make a purchase from a .ca of a service or product, I will check the whois and if it is in fact a business with real Canadian Presence I will have more faith in them. Spending money online and buying from a .ca (Canadian Business) will do better than the opposite. There are far too many bogus businessès out there. At least when crap happens we can deal with it without leaving the country.
 
Oh Canada!!

Hello .ca investors.

I'm very glad to see the .ca threads heat up and popularize.

dotMobi naysayers were moaning about the dotMobi attention and now I discover many of those same dotMobi doom & gloomers were actually .ca investors in disguise! :-)

Good luck .ca investors with your promotions, marketing, aftermarket plans & development.

Michael
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom