• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

can enom.com really do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hercules

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2004
Messages
72
Reaction score
0
I just got an email from Enom they say that I have registered their name .
I regged enoms.net inorder to put a page up to sell my domains.
The way I see it enoms means names in french so I think Imquite within my rights to reg this name,they have offered to reimburse me reg fee Im sure.
Anyonne have any ideas on this?
I only want a fight that I can win?Also I bought this name from them anyway??
Please advise

Thanks in advanced
 
I just got an email from Enom they say that I have registered their name .
I regged enoms.net inorder to put a page up to sell my domains.
The way I see it enoms means names in french so I think Imquite within my rights to reg this name,they have offered to reimburse me reg fee Im sure.
Anyonne have any ideas on this?
I only want a fight that I can win?Also I bought this name from them anyway??
Please advise

Thanks in advanced


That's a obvious reason not to fight. They show you good intent to reimburse your registration. They hold the "enom" trademark.

Whatever you decide goodluck.

em
 
As you go from Gold to platinum to exclusive you will learn whether to fight or not.

Give this one up and earn goodwill with your registrar.

-=DCG=-
 
another guy had "enomoto.com" taken from his account by enom.

enomoto happens to be a japanese last name, and enom apparently reversed their decision in that case, claiming it had not been authorized by senior management.

your mileage may vary, if they like your explanation, they may listen to you; if your portfolio is full of enom typos, they may not...

as for fighting - I'd guess their t's&c's would allow them to do whatever they want with your domains, and they probably have more resources to waste than you...
 
it depends on how badly you want the name. You can certainly prove good intent here but is it worth the hassle?
 
yeah I think you guys are right not worth the time or effort.
thanks for your advice much appreciated.
 
I have AOL1.info and they sent me a letter with a form to fill out
to transfer the name to them.
It had the attorneys name and # on it and I called them.

It was at parked at GoDaddy and there were some AOL links on it, I
moved it to my server and it's dead now.
I did tell them I wasn't going to use it with anything AOL and I
wasn't going to just give it to them.
But I would sell it to them for the reg and 1 renewel fee which I'd paid..
They said OK and They haven't said a word since.

.
 
If you are going to register something similar always do it at another registrar
 
Hi Guys,

Just an update.I sent them an email saying that id spent a lot of time trying to develop this domain and I should be compensated for that. No reply!
By the way the name is enoms.net
I should have mentioned that before.

Thanks again
 
it's currently parked at sedo and for sale.
 
all my domain names are parked and for sale.No revenue!!
Anyway still no word from Enom.Just to be clear I did buy this name to develop it not really to sell.Its the first thing you do when you buy a name is park it?

Thanks for the feedback.
 
If you sent them an email saying you spent all this time developing it.. having it parked hardly proves that.
 
Just an update.I sent them an email saying that id spent a lot of time trying to develop this domain and I should be compensated for that. No reply!

You're seriously expecting too much. A hard lesson learned the hard way.
 
The way I see it enoms means names in french

If this was true you'd have a point and a slight chance to retain/get back the name. My French's a little bit rusty, but isn't "Names" in French "noms"?

/Frank
 
Thanks for all the feedback I appreciate it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom