• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Can't believe it

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunnam

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
May 20, 2006
Messages
307
Reaction score
1
I checked up on an old domain I sold (GBAuction.net) and have seen it for sale with 1 offer for $30,000 and I sold it for $25 because the person was begging saying they really wanted to make a go of the business - wish I hadnt of now.
 
don't believe everything you see
 
that's one pretty ugly and worthless domain, don't believe the offer.
 
I doubt it would have had an offer of $30k - might be asking $30k - and they have had 1 offer (offer could have been for $50, $10, anything) - where's it for sale?

I think at $25, you got the better side of that deal...
 
Doesn't even qualify for 3K.. where is it listed for sale anyways??
 
No good looking back hunnam. It's a dog name. If someone has picked it up to brand it, then you'll have to take that on the chin as one of the hazards of the industry. Who'd have thought youtube.com would be worth zilch? Hindsight: Leave it well alone.
 
I agree, it's old spilled milk...many many many domains on the horizon!
 
Don’t sweat it, my friend.

You would need a crystal ball to see something like that coming.

Best of luck to you.
 
Even thought the current owner indeed did receive that 30k offer, the buyer will never pay... so what is the different if the offer shows 10 trillion?

That domain probably worth about $20... believe it. :)
 
Its just the lies that I was told by the buyer, he was basically crying on the phone and I felt sorry for him.
 
Its just the lies that I was told by the buyer, he was basically crying on the phone and I felt sorry for him.

Buyers stories always crack me up, I heard everything from my kids band name is the same, to we just want to build an info site, so i offer to sell the same name in dot info for cheap and they aint interested, if people wanted to do most of what they say any extension would be suitable but most are after money just like us.
 
>> if people wanted to do most of what they say any extension
>> would be suitable

Very good point. I point this out in negotions if the offer is far too low and I'm given a sob story.

If I ever sell with a big reduction on the price I want for a name, then I accept the fact that what I was told is not necessarily true.
 
:<
but you have got $20

dont to remind it ,mybe better.
 
No way is that domain worth 30k. People go crazy with asking prices on TDNAM.com.
 
Yeah...no use crying over "spill milk"...from the link I saw the guy was asking $30,000....didn't see any offer for $30,000
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom