• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

CC TLD's - Why I like this business so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raider

New Member
Legacy Gold Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2006
Messages
4,265
Reaction score
201
About a month ago I registered my first .CA domain, just because I liked it and thought I could resell it someday, I parked it at Sedopro and its earning about $1 everyday just from type ins, 5 minutes to register and I'm making $30 a month, with the potential of reselling it... I got to get more of these!

What I like most about this is; I didnt have to go through a drop auction to get it, and wait 3 days only to get blown out of the water...I can think of at least 20 .coms I purchased at TDNAM last year that had traffic, only to learn the CTR amounted to 0, very disappointing when your $30-$300 out of pocket.
 
Sshhh - quiet. Don't let the .ca game out of the bag...
 
.CA is an excellent undedeveloped market IMO...
 
.ca is a good way to go for sure... Most of my .ca domains pay a lot higher per click than my .coms...

RaiderGirl, what "genre" was the .ca domain you picked up?
 
.ca is a good way to go for sure... Most of my .ca domains pay a lot higher per click than my .coms...

RaiderGirl, what "genre" was the .ca domain you picked up?

It was a medical domain.
 
cool, thanks I recently picked up a health related .ca, not seeing much of a return yet, but it is one I like...
 
Ok now its done my next 5 domains will be .ca's i heard a lot bout them and me going for it :D ..any advice on which registrar i should go to?
 
Ok now its done my next 5 domains will be .ca's i heard a lot bout them and me going for it :D ..any advice on which registrar i should go to?

Before you wade right in just know - some of us Canadians have been doing very well lately picking up released names bought by non-Canadians. CIRA - www.cira.ca details what you need to know when it comes to registering a .ca domain.

But as it is with every restricted cctld - there are ways around the rules for those willing to take the chance. Or you can go the full mile and enter into a legal partnership etc with a Canadian.
 
Yes, there are Canadian presence rules for .ca...

I recently switched all my .ca names to Namespro.ca - I am very impressed with them. The service is excellent and they are very prompt in responding... Plus I emailed and asked for a coupon and they were good enough to send me one...
 
who is the best registrar for ca domains?
 
Like I said, I go with Namespro.ca now...

And another great thing about .ca is someone gives you an idea like RaiderGirl did (whether she meant to or not... :cool: ) and you can go and find a decent domain for reg fee like I just did!

:approve:
 
10dollar.ca and sibername.com are also good .ca registrars.
 
So i cant get a .ca name? i don't fall into any of the criteria they mentioned :(
 
so u have to have a canadian addr to register the names..
 
I use NamesPro.ca and am very pleased...they have very good support...if you need it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom