Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

CGL.com Possibly Stolen

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It was brought to my attention that CGL.com may have been stolen.

I am in the process of investigating still but wanted to warn the community just in case the possibility existed it was and sold to a member.

CGL.com had a recent whois change that appears to reflect the previous and long time owner to a degree.

Some red flags were the odd phone number recording and the fact it went from netsol to godaddy and use yet again a World Media Group free email now! Same situation as the last 2 LLL.com I had recovered just last month.

I have many emails and calls out to dig deeper but at this point warning everyone to stay away from this name until confirmed not stolen.

Another odd fact is when you google the real owners name Paul Palacios and cloudstore.com it shows he owns or owned it and had many emails set up as well @cloudstore.com. That name was private whois until not long ago now reported sold at Sedo. If CGL.com was stolen it may be so were other names. Not 100% yet but working it.

Be careful people and do your research. If a sedo rep wished to help in looking into who exactly sold cloudstore.com that would be a help. I already have calls to my contact at Godaddy.

Domain summit 2024

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
cloudstore.com says "renew now" on top, but lists Softcom.com as the owners.

World Media Group has World.com, why would a company with a name like that be stealing others' domains?

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi, just to be clear World Media Group are not the thieves. What they have is a group of generic domains they allow people to use for email. That is what happened in the last two cases, the thief used a email service from them.

Also cloudstore.com was recently reported sold, that very morning when researching CGL I came across it when looking at Paul Palacios. If CGL.com is stolen then the fact cloudstore.com had private whois not long ago and then sold is a red flag.

I hope as in all cases I am wrong and nothing has been stolen of course but time as always will tell.

Confirmed it, spoke with the real Paul, name CGL.com STOLEN, he had no idea. Will update as we go... Cloudstore.com NOT stolen, good news.

Appears CGL.com is now recovered :)

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Cool, congrats!

It is odd though, that if the company like World.com owns the email addresses he uses, that they dont just suspend the account, and take it over for the administration of the domain name that the hacker took over.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators