• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

For Sale Change to Sibername's TBR

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydub

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jul 1, 2004
Messages
5,852
Reaction score
546
I just got an email from Sibername saying the minimum bid for their TBR will now be $25 instead of $15...

Doesn't change much really...still go after the good ones...just means a few "take a flyer" $15-20 ones will come off my list.
 
Yes Jaydub, i got the same email. It is not for this weeks TBR though. Only starting April 30th. So you can still get some cheap ones for $15 this week if that's your intention.

Good luck this week.
 
Figured this would start to happen as the interest gains for .ca names
 
Its called Greed.. soon they're going to keep the cream and aution them off ... :hungry:

IMO.. backordering is over soon. next stop is backorder/inspect and cherry pick then if they dont like it release it to you. There is a great conflict of interest here. :ballchain:

The little guy moves down the ladder one rung. This is why you see all these small companies trying to catch the names, :croc: anyone wanting to set a company up and needs partners im listening...

might as well have a fishing license, if you're going to be fishing. :fish2:


:yo:
 
IT IS GREED... I don't think of anything else... may be they thought, when POOL is getting $60 for a domain, why just charge $15. Well, they will regret sooner or later. It might be a better option for them to give evryone a chance to secure a domain at a lower price and build a good customer base, that to deal with a few sharks, who can get drowned sooner or later. My thoughts.
 
I know many of you will disagree with this, but it is just my opinion.

I hate operations like Sibername and Pool - they are pond scum. Domainers should boycott them . They are no better than Network Solutions.

And CIRA should not allow this , these dropped names should be freely open to everyone to get at reg fee.

In time this will all change - it has to.
 
I guess the bottom line is....Them/NP/and others have grabbed names for me I couldn't get myself. I just don't have the technology or tech skills....and none do it for regfee.
I put in bids at numerous places to see who will grab them....
It really would be nice to be able to go back to the old "everyone scrambles to get names at the drop time"...but I don't see it happening. Until then I go through the sources available to "try" and get what I want. Many times I am outbid...
I don't know of any other way at this time though...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom