Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

+++++ Chat Room Live Auction September 3rd +++++

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobDiGiTaL

Domain Lover
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
when's the traffic/revenue auction?

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
rick spoke through me and he said "sold!" :d

:lol:

I think if these auctions are better promote greater results come.
But someone have to PROMOTE IT! :D

Last edited:

mmkrulz

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
:lol:

I think if these auctions are better promote greater results come.
But someone have to PROMOTE IT! :D
i'm 3 for 3 on these auctions. Everytime i've put up a domain, i had it sold. :)

Johnn

Administrator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Trivia n.1 - Winner Dadster 1000 DNF$
Trivia n.2 - Winner Ted 1000 DNF$

High winning bidder today - SIKHBOY 3000 DNF$

All DNF$ donated to the winners.

I agree that we need to promote the auction but please understand that I don't have the tools to promote the auction.

All I can do is spend the time to organize the auction - Thanks again for the help from TheInvestor and Carter.

Without any promotion, I would be hesitated to start the next one as it consumed a lot of my time and I want to see the results. 20 some members in the auction is not good enough.

Thanks,
John

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Trivia n.1 - Winner Dadster 1000 DNF$
Trivia n.2 - Winner Ted 1000 DNF$

High winning bidder today - SIKHBOY 3000 DNF$

All DNF$ donated to the winners.

I agree that we need to promote the auction but please understand that I don't have the tools to promote the auction.

All I can do is spend the time to organize the auction - Thanks again for the help from TheInvestor and Carter.

Without any promotion, I would be hesitated to start the next one as it consumed a lot of my time and I want to see the results. 20 some members in the auction is not good enough.

Thanks,
John

Johnn I don't talk about you...you make so much with your work.
I talk about the BOSS.

QuantumBeam

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Another great auction, and thanks to all who managed!

Last edited:

Nullmind

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

100% agree with your John. You have done a great work as always, but as Carter has already said the auction need more promotion from who administer the forum

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A big thank you to John for taking his time to arrange these auctions. DNF is the best domain name community, so why shouldn't we have the best auctions as well? :)

Although I do believe that the auctions require a little more promotion, the most important part is to actually get people to submit high quality domains. If there are several premium names in the auction, more people will recognize it and more people will show up. For the next auction, I will submit much better names and I hope others will do the same.

krossat

Rohan
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
A big thank you to John for taking his time to arrange these auctions. DNF is the best domain name community, so why shouldn't we have the best auctions as well? :)

Although I do believe that the auctions require a little more promotion, the most important part is to actually get people to submit high quality domains. If there are several premium names in the auction, more people will recognize it and more people will show up. For the next auction, I will submit much better names and I hope others will do the same.

I think Stian is right. Domains need to be of good quality to attract buyers. Having 20 people in an auction including the auctioneers and sellers is ridiculous. But another aspect of it all is the promotion. If people dont know about the auction, they wont be there. There needs to be a banner on the main page announcing the auction. If there is a fee to list the domains, that adds to the importance and thus the quality of domains.

I believe the sellers need should realize its not an easy game just to put up names (which are btw free to list) and then expect quality buyers to come and bid. There definitely should be an all round seriousness about the event.

HomerJ

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Seller: HomerJ
Auction Number: 21
Names: PopularTouristDestinations.com
Registrar: Moniker
Expiration: 08/22/2009
Payment: Paypal (from funded accounts or buyer pays fees)
Starting Price: $15
Reserve: No
Traffic/Revenue: assume none
Comments: great tourism/travel domain -
Winner SIKHboy $180

1. Limit 40 Names/Lots for 2 Hours auction
2. Auction Type: Reserve and No Reserve Auction
3. One entry per member - Platinum and Exclusive Only
4. Payment is expected within 24 hours.

(my emphasis added)

I have sent the winning bidder SIKHboy two pms and I have not yet heard back or received payment in three days since the auction.

As now I will give the winning bidder till Monday (Noon) and if there is no word yet I will (edit: either, 1) move this to the incomplete sales section for resolution, or 2) begin entertaining offers on the domain from any other interested members or 3) possibly list the domain on Sedo. I think at this point it is my discretion, but it is fairly disappointing that someone would bid at auction and then not pay. in a regular auction house this would not be tolerated. If there is some problem that has prevented SIKHboy from contacting me then I can understand that, but otherwise I think some recourse is to be expected. at the least I would not allow bidder to participate in future live auctions)

... and, let me also say thank you very much to John and the other DNF'ers who helped to run the auction. great job again!

Last edited:

QuantumBeam

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Any word on the next "live" auction ? :bump2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators