Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Cheaper and better alternative to CafePress???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is there a better alternative to Cafe Press?

I think their wholesale prices are too high. Their wholesale prices are nearly as much as I think the retail price should be.

With their minimum sales price, there is very little profit margin unless you set the price per item very high.

Please post your suggestions.

Thanks

Domain Summit 2024

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I don't have a specific suggestion but I'm sure the only way to have a wider profit margin is to seek a China connection. The only problem is, that West Coast residents benefit from such proximity to the Dragon, while us Easterners would have to incur more shipping charges.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Open a store at zazzle, I use it to streamline my stores on snowmobilers.com and atvers.com, you set the profit margins and they have a quality profit. My snowmobilers.com store is at snowmobilerstore.com. They also run promotions all the time that are displayed automatically at the top of your store, free shipping on t-shirts, $5 off, etc.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Open a store at zazzle, I use it to streamline my stores on snowmobilers.com and atvers.com, you set the profit margins and they have a quality profit. My snowmobilers.com store is at snowmobilerstore.com. They also run promotions all the time that are displayed automatically at the top of your store, free shipping on t-shirts, $5 off, etc.
I just found zazzle thanks to CNN doing a segment on it. I LIKEY!

MichaelJ137

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Can someone explain exactly how zazzle affiliate works......

Last edited:

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If they're like Cafepress they're not an affiliate program. You design logos etc. and have them put them on t-shirts, coffee bugs, etc. They have a "wholesale' price and you add onto that.

For example, t-shirt, wholesale is $7, you putyour logo on it and sell it for $15 and then you make $8.

MichaelJ137

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ahhhh, nice. Makes total sense and fills a huge void.

Wonder how many Charlie Sheen "winning" shirts they have been selling.......

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm going to sign up for a zazzle account to try on another site. Hopefully I'll have some sales from Zazzle to compare to Cafe Press.

Domainx09

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Seems like all the alternatives charge similar prices.

How did Zazzle compare? any better or worse than Cafepress?

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Seems like all the alternatives charge similar prices.

How did Zazzle compare? any better or worse than Cafepress?
Never have made the flip yet.

I do know that the few products I have ordered from Cafepress are marginal in quality. I had one client who ordered 23 polo shirts and cafepress printed the entire order in the wrong color. That is just poor quality assurance. Cafepress did replace the entire order for free and refunded the money. But it is still very basic...a logo is submitted and is then printed in the wrong color. Poor, poor, poor attention to detail

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom