• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

For Sale CIRA only accepts membership application forms by fax or post but not email

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
May 22, 2002
Messages
4,567
Reaction score
14
I still can't believe what I was told. I was assisting in some CIRA membership applications, and was confirmed by a staff member of their Member Services that filled out and signed application forms can only be sent to them via either fax or postal mail.

I could understand they need to send THEIR confirmation by snail mail in order to confirm a postal address, but what's the point of insisting on RECEIVING OUR applications via FAX or POST?? What's the difference between esp. a faxed copy of the form vs. one scanned in PDF format and attached in an email??

Can someone enlighten me here?
 
I'm guessing it takes a little more effort to send a fax or post a letter from Canada than an email does.
 
The thing is, I have stopped using a fax machine (not even a fax software or an online fax service) since like 5 years ago. I have no problem faxing once in a while, but for "mass production" like this, it's a pain in the as... back.

What really disturbs me is their "old school" mentality. Isn't CIRA in the Internet business?? Fax? Snail mail? OMG!
 
They must be stoners
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom