• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

.com of people names?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClickHoldem

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
545
Reaction score
0
Anybody out there know if the .com of people names is a good investment? I have found some that are decent and would like to know what value they could possibly hold. I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks.

CH
 
Unless it's your name, I would not register the .com of anyone. If/when the person finds out, it shouldn't be that hard for them to get claim to that domain.

EDIT: I'm talking about [firstname][lastname].com domains. It probably would not be that bad of an investment for common first names, but getting into last names might be a bit tricky.
 
people names cant be taken.. maybe bill gates or that guy in new york...ummmmm, donald trump.

I have a good 50 people names in dot com, but no given and surname combos. all one or the other.

People names can have high value. I've offered fair chunks of cash for my name, my wifes name, kids and so on.. nobody accepts, ive offered upwards of 10k.

On the other hand I've been offered on the ones i hold, and never exceeeded a 500$ offer.

It all depends on the end-user. Hit and miss. As for revenue parking the traffic can be light on some, moderate on others.. the avg ppc can also be up or down. My best click on a surame to date is about 3.87, for the most part its below a dime per click. Either way they seem to pay their own way at the reg fee drive through.
 
It is a good investment if it's the name of a superstar.
 
I think they are a really good investment for the first names...they are mostly all gone though and the good ones will fo for xx,xxx - xxx,xxx
 
ask netidentity.com

They have my surname in dot net.

Registrant:
Tucows.com Co
96 Mowat Avenue
Toronto, ON M6K3M1
CA

Domain name: FARRELL.NET

Administrative Contact:
Admin, Domain [email protected]
96 Mowat Avenue
Toronto, ON M6K3M1
CA
+1.4165350123
Technical Contact:
Admin, Domain [email protected]
96 Mowat Avenue
Toronto, ON M6K3M1
CA
+1.4165350123


Registration Service Provider:
Tucows
416 535 0123



Registrar of Record: TUCOWS, INC.
Record last updated on 23-Aug-2006.
Record expires on 07-Oct-2007.
Record created on 08-Oct-1996.

Domain servers in listed order:
NS1.MAILBANK.COM 216.10.106.120
NS2.MAILBANK.COM 64.15.175.2
===========================
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom